MP Valve Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I hate these things so they should go to somebody that likes this style BB valve covers.

FREE to any FCBO active (keyword: "ACTIVE") participant who really will use them and not just take them because they're free and then throw them on the shelf. Otherwise , 50 bucks.
Just pay actual shipping from 33872.
PM me.

2wpv4pf.jpg

ncxsvm.jpg

Last edited:
Wish I had a big block, those are cool as hell.........hmmm I know of a '73 Dart.......no I'm just getting idea's now.

Nick

Hope they go to a good home.

I don't have a Plymouth sport fury yet but if these things were done in black wrinkle finish with silver fins and the car was all black, that wouldn't look bad at all huh?

Does this mean you are starting to do something with the rest of the 440? Like rebuilding the heads?

Yes. Pulled them and they looked like they had already been recently been done. Looked new.
452 heads at that. :yaayy:
Took them yesterday to the machine shop anyway because WTF do I know?

Last edited:
I saw on the pistons "30" stamped on them.
I have to assume it's already been rebuilt once and bored .030 over.
Damn. Was hoping for an uncut block.
Well, I'm pretty sure I'm going to sell the short block anyway now since I discovered all I needed was the heads.

Last edited:
Yes. The heads will go onto my car. Burning oil more than I like. Did a compression test last week and it was 130 +/- 5 on all eight cylinders so it has to be the seals and/or guides.

Hi Commando1
do you still have the valve covers and if so would they fit my 1965 plymouth 383 engine.
are thay painted and could you use a stripper to go to full alumanum or repaint.

my zip is cordell,ok. 73632
Thanks alot
marblemike

Hi Commando1
do you still have the valve covers and if so would they fit my 1965 plymouth 383 engine.
are thay painted and could you use a stripper to go to full alumanum or repaint.

my zip is cordell,ok. 73632
Thanks alot
marblemike

Mike, as long as you have 6 holes for the rocker screws you are good to go, i do know that the early rocker covers only had 4 holes for mounting.

Well Stan I don't have a replacement just yet !!!! But !!! Hmmmmm hmmmm my motor is turning & dreaming .......... :Santa2:

Still have them.
Previous knucklehead spray bombed them lime green.
Sandblast them, then paint or powder coat them.
I'm not going to box and weigh them to determine shipping costs until I get a firm commitment that somebody's going to pay for it and then not ***** when they find out the actual shipping cost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back