Fits C,P,D body.

$450 USD plus shipping

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
That is to convert a manual disc brake car to a power brake car. I don't think that C Body's came with manual disc brakes so you may want to check the application.

Field install as noted in the parts catalogue means exactly that - for installation in the field after the car was bought - so, in layman's terms. to convert a car to power brakes that was originally a manual brake car. It also says (higher up) POWER UNIT, with Drum Brakes, and everything below it falls into that category.

You are reading the parts book correctly and clearly this is a brake booster to convert a manual brake car to power brake car, but the master cylinder is for a disc brake car and I am almost certain that manual disc brakes were not available in a C Body.

Agreed. They were available as a manual system in later model pickups I believe, but regardless, the booster would NOT be suitable for a C body disc conversion simply because it's likely to not have the proper amount of boost for a disc system's safe operation. It's a drum booster.

Thank you for the information I did not know that about the drum booster.
so this booster will not be for C body 1971 ! What car will it be for!

Back