need help- need picture of front of 440

spstan

Reaction score
Finishing up timing chain project (putting things together). Thought I took enough pictures but did not. I need a picture of the front of a 440 (circa 1975 with air). Specifically I need a picture of the positioning of the alternator mounting bracket and the power steering mounting bracket and the routing of the hoses to the air conditioner compressor. Tried searching the internet but no satisfactory pictures of the mountings. Thanks for any help Paul

Not sure if these will be any help but this is a 72 440 I did. I do believe they changed the brackets up slightly after 73.
IMG_7509.jpeg

IMG_8476.jpeg

IMG_0802.jpeg

Going through my engine bay collection most of what I find is pretty cluttered engine bay shots which may not be much help.
here's a 1974 440.

1716985213991.png

The parts manual may be of some help, this is from the 1974 parts catalog but it seems that the air conditioning chapter (24) is missing from all the manuals I have.

PARTS.MANUAL.BRACKETS.jpg

Going through my engine bay collection most of what I find is pretty cluttered engine bay shots which may not be much help.
here's a 1974 440.

View attachment 663456

Chrysler; thanks for the reply but its hard to discern the mountings from these pictures. On the upside I found a picture I posted when removing my air conditioner and that has a close up of the power steering bracket. All I need now is a close up of the alternator bracket. Your pictures did however help with the hose routing. Thanks Paul

Back