Need spark plug heat shields

Davews

Reaction score
Haven't bough parts in a while but need some now. Having my Polara 500 440 gone through and regasketed but need correct exterior bolts and also all the correct spark plug heat Shields. Does any one sell these kits other than year one?

Here's a question I have not yet been able to find the answer to. Does the big block non HP engines (68 383 2bbl use any spark plug heat shields. I always see them mentioned on HP C- bodies, but nothing on non HP.
upload_2018-7-16_14-1-12.png

Yes they are heat shields for the two bbl 383's

Thanks @jct. Based on your experience the spark plug heat shields were also used on the non HP 383's (circa 68)

I have always questioned that because I don't recall ever having these heat shields on this engine, and even in high school when I rebuilt the heads I was very good at putting every thing back.

And second I always only see reference to the HP big block C- body engines. If they did put them on 2bbl, then why do they only mention HP engines? This still bugs me. Considering every documentation I have seen is based on the above links I don't have a second source for the information.
I guess I should accept that documentation on the C- body is not as complete as some of the other body styles.

I seem to recall them on Dad's 68 Newport, I can vouch for them being on all the 65's I've had.........

Ok, I will concede and find some to put back on. I probably have some ones that came with my replacement kit, but did not put them on because the instructions said for HP C- body.
Everyday there is something to learn.

Sorry for hi-jacking @Davews .

Here's a question I have not yet been able to find the answer to. Does the big block non HP engines (68 383 2bbl use any spark plug heat shields. I always see them mentioned on HP C- bodies, but nothing on non HP.
View attachment 198645
They have been on every big block I've worked on, standard or HP. Either side of the dump on the manifolds.

Back