Need thermostat housing flathead 8

thank you for the replies! here you go

48 Chy t-stat 1.jpg

48 Chy t-stat 2.jpg

48 Chy t-stat 3.jpg

48 Chy t-stat.jpg

It does look similar to the flathead six housing except for the hose angle. If they use the same gasket, and I believe it does, and same hose size, I think one from a six would work.

This place has a ton of flathead parts. Vintage Power Wagons - 1939-71 2WD & 4X4 Dodge Truck Parts & Info

A '53 flathead six that I rebuilt. I don't have a better shot of the t-stat housing.

DSCF6865.jpg

It does look similar to the flathead six housing except for the hose angle. If they use the same gasket, and I believe it does, and same hose size, I think one from a six would work.

This place has a ton of flathead parts. Vintage Power Wagons - 1939-71 2WD & 4X4 Dodge Truck Parts & Info

A '53 flathead six that I rebuilt. I don't have a better shot of the t-stat housing.

View attachment 688448
they do look similar, but the lower hose diameter is larger for the 8. Thx for the tip for vintage power wagons, no luck there.....

they do look similar, but the lower hose diameter is larger for the 8. Thx for the tip for vintage power wagons, no luck there.....
Some thinking out loud.... They do make radiator hose adaptors that are a rubber sleeve. Perhaps that would work until you find the right one

Some thinking out loud.... They do make radiator hose adaptors that are a rubber sleeve. Perhaps that would work until you find the right one
I appreciate it......my concern w that is the 6 cyc housing has a smaller diameter that the 8, wondering if it would restrict flow

I appreciate it......my concern w that is the 6 cyc housing has a smaller diameter that the 8, wondering if it would restrict flow
Probably not enough to cause a problem. The thermostat restricts flow the most, even when open.

fair enough........found one for a mere 325, the one pictured is in pretty good condition considering and not been causing a problem.......yet...:rofl:
For 325, I suspect you could have one drawn up in Pro-E and have it machined out of a block of steel or aluminum and then have an opportunity for some income from selling more of them (albeit not many)…

Back