New to me C Body

NewportTM

Reaction score
Hello, Just picked up my C Body this weekend. I have been on the A Body site for a few years. Here are a couple of pics.

DSCI0012.jpg

DSCI0014.jpg

DSCI0015.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! She looks very clean. More pictures please.

:hatwave:

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Really nice, X2 on more pics and more details.

Nice car. I am too an old Forabodies member that is looking to move into a C body. Nice find. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

What's your A body handle?...I kept mine the same but it might have to change once I find the right C body.

My cousin and her husband purchased the car new in 1966. Her husband passed away in 1994 and it has only been driven about 600 miles since then. I have verified this by the maintenance records. At one point the car had only been driven 10 miles in between oil changes. The car has been garaged all it`s life. The interior is immaculate. 127,00 miles. This car is as stock as stock can get. No radio or clock. I am looking for a radio if anyone knows where I can get one. I will be changing the valve cover gaskets first thing. Next will be plug wires and ignition components. I will be showing this car when I have weekends off from drag racing my 1971 Dart. More pictures to follow.

Well maintained! Just beautiful! Any story about the missing radio?

Well maintained! Just beautiful! Any story about the missing radio?
Dealer removed radio on day of purchase. There was a dispute over the cost of the radio. So my cousin told them to remove it. I would sure like to find one. Does not matter if it is working or not.

Really nice my friend! That Murray B. Park outfit may have a radio for that car.
1 question, how does the cloth part of the drivers seat survive 122K miles still looking new? any upholstery work done?

Really nice my friend! That Murray B. Park outfit may have a radio for that car.
1 question, how does the cloth part of the drivers seat survive 122K miles still looking new? any upholstery work done?
I was informed last night that the seats were re-done in 1989.

Wow, that is an amazing story about the radio. I never have the radio turned on in my 78 NY'er. I would rather listen to the engine drone since I don't drive it everyday. The flowmasters on my NY'er sounds lke music to me. I can understand you trying to find something to fill that hole in the dash.

:D:D:D:D

Very nice Chrysler, I had one that I sold to my nephew, but it wasn't nearly as nice and it was pale yellow with black interior.

I also had a New Yorker 2drht that was the same color as yours, and that was one of many that I sold to Russ Moore from Rapid City SD. He would very likely have a radio, but it will most likely be overpriced.

Thank for the kind comments. I have shared them all with my cousin whom I got the car from. This car has been garaged for 46 years, and it shows.

Back