New to this site

Mr C

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been into Mopars all my life and my family always had a big C body from all eras- 60's to 78, Furys Polaras Monacos, Newports 300's New Yorkers and Imperials...you name it we probably had one over the years.

My cars:

74 Imperial LeBaron 4 Dr
74 Imperial LeBaron 2 Dr
77 Chrysler Town & Country

I'd post pictures but it appears quite bothersome...I'll need to study the FAQs

My cars:

74 Imperial LeBaron 4 Dr
74 Imperial LeBaron 2 Dr
I'd post pictures but it appears quite
77 Chrysler Town & Country

20p7ryg.jpg

EXCELLENT taste in vehicles.

Last edited:
The wheels on the Town & Country look wider than normal...?

Oh, nice cars BTW, I had a '77 T&C with a 440 and it would have blended into your herd quite well, as it was black.

Last edited:
The road wheel on the T&C are 15x7 versions (available on M body LeBarons in 81) while the Imperials have the 15x 6 (or is it 15x 6.5?...I'd have to measure my spare set).

The later, wider road wheel are harder to find, but I made a habit of grabbing every road wheel I could get from the wreckers in the 80's and came up with one set.

I, for one, would be extremely interested in hearing the history of these three beauties.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Welcome to the site frm the Motor City!

I, for one, would be extremely interested in hearing the history of these three beauties.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

History...okay not much to say, really.

I got the 4 dr in 1989, as the 3rd owner and restored it. It was originally bought by the Japanese Embassy in Ottawa, Canada and used as their embassy car until 1980, it then changed hands to their head of security who I bought it from. It is an original triple black car.

The Coupe was going to be derbied, but I managed to offer enough quick cash to the guy that he let me have the car. It was a largely rust free car (except for some spots under the vinyl top) from South Carolina. I then restored it to match my 4 dr.

I have a soft spot for station wagons and the formal T&Cs in particular as I have many great memories growing up in the back seat on road trips. I searched 12 years (most of those before the age of the internet) before I stumbled across mine at a "buy here pay here" small dealership. It's originally a West coast car.

I've been through many a resto and can provide advice to those that want/ need it. Some resto pics of the fleet.

Paint Prep 11.jpg

Reresto 002.jpg

T&C resto 079.jpg

That is a very impressive set of formals you have there, you must be proud!

I've been through many a resto and can provide advice to those that want/ need it.

"Not much of a story"
You are way too modest!

Yes, you CAN help me, possibly. Looking at the pic you provided of the T&C resto, do you have close up shots of the bare interior firewall and dash frame?

Another question, the trim rings on the 7" Road Wheels: they look wider (deeper?) than the 6" (6 1/2"?) Road Wheel trim rings. Yes? No?
Thanks for your patience. I think you're my new go-to guy. I feel sorry for you.
17.gif

Yes the trim rings on the 15x7s are different...deeper and not the "brushed motif"

Attached is about the best interior shot I have.

"Not much of a story"
You are way too modest!

Yes, you CAN help me, possibly. Looking at the pic you provided of the T&C resto, do you have close up shots of the bare interior firewall and dash frame?

Another question, the trim rings on the 7" Road Wheels: they look wider (deeper?) than the 6" (6 1/2"?) Road Wheel trim rings. Yes? No?
Thanks for your patience. I think you're my new go-to guy. I feel sorry for you.
17.gif

T&C resto 012.jpg

Welcome aboad!!!

:sFl_america2:

What a heck of a C-body fleet! More pictures please.

Back