Newbie from the UK.

Pegleg

Reaction score
Hi guy's,
Recently swapped a '66 Fury lll for an unfinished truck project.
Always wanted a MOPAR, since watching Dukes of Hazard as a kid, but never thought i'd ever get one.:toothy9:
It's in need of a re-trim and new glass and door rubbers, but the body is strong.
Fitted with the 318 but have sourced a 440 for it, so will be asking questions about the conversion.
Here's a video, please ignore my daughters screeching.
It was recorded on an Iphone so it's not brilliant.:icon_rolleyes:

Daz.

fury 027.jpg

fury 028.jpg

fury 029.jpg

fury 030.jpg

That looks like a nice car.

To put a big block in your car you will need big block motor mounts from a '66-'72. You will also need big block 727 transmission, or at least the case, if you already have a 727 behind your 318.

How much will it cost to fix or replace your rear bumper?

Welcome aboard. Nice find! Looks like there is no rust. You might want to consider converting to electronic ignition while you are swaping in the 440. It's easy and inexpensive.

:sFl_america2:

Nice car, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Nice, welcome to the board. Always liked the looks of the 66 Fury.

Besides the motor mounts and 727 BB transmission you'll need a shorter driveshaft, different radiator, exhaust will need to be at least modified, and your engine harness will come up short.

Very nice Plymouth, indeed. Besides all the stuff the previous guys said, the most important thing you'll need are 440 emblems to put on the fenders:grin:

:sSig_welcometoourcl

Thanks for the welcome guy's.
We have a MOPAR breaker here who i hope will sort me out with the 440 etc.
He might well have a rear bumper as well.
Have considered the electronic ignition idea.
I have just sourced a scoop for the bonnet (hood).
I really like the NASCAR period look, so it may well be styled as such.
Daz.

We have a MOPAR breaker here who i hope will sort me out with the 440 etc.
He might well have a rear bumper as well.
Daz.

If you can't find a nice bumper locally, and can't have your original one fixed properly, I do have a nice one, but it is in central US.

Back