No Heat - 67 New Yorker

Patrick

Reaction score
I have no heat. Nada. There are controls for heat on the dash, push buttons, but I don't know if those are electrical or mechanical in function. Then there are the heat controls on the AC. Are they separate? Where should I start to see why I have no heat?

The controls on the dash actuate vacuum pots, but are also cable controlled. Make sure your getting a good reliable source of vacuum to the inside of the car. If your still not getting any heat it might be the heater hose bypass valve for the A/C. They can sometimes get stuck. Pretty sure it is vacuum operated.

See if you can move the shut off lever by hand...it will be up under the dash, on the firewall, by the passenger side kick panel. You'll see the bypass valve from the engine compartment...just try and figure out where it is on the interior side of the firewall.

The controls on the dash actuate vacuum pots, but are also cable controlled. Make sure your getting a good reliable source of vacuum to the inside of the car. If your still not getting any heat it might be the heater hose bypass valve for the A/C. They can sometimes get stuck. Pretty sure it is vacuum operated.

See if you can move the shut off lever by hand...it will be up under the dash, on the firewall, by the passenger side kick panel. You'll see the bypass valve from the engine compartment...just try and figure out where it is on the interior side of the firewall.

Thank you, that's what I needed to know. 300Cruuiser, it didn't have heat before, so I am just beginning to sort out the few problems in the car. There aren't many :)

Patrick...your only about 30 minutes from me. I'm over in Abbotsford. If you need any help let me know...always willing to help out if I can. ;)

Sounds like you're in good hands. Since you didn't have heat I'd make sure it's not something obvious like the heater core being bypassed.

Patrick...your only about 30 minutes from me. I'm over in Abbotsford. If you need any help let me know...always willing to help out if I can. ;)

Abbotsford? My mother in law lives in Abby :) Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know how it goes.

Back