No lights.

carguy300

Reaction score
Got dash back together, hooked up. Brand new battery, motor over ok. No headlights, park lights, flashers, turn signals, windows or horn.Dome light, map light and seats work. Any ideas? Im at a loss.

What car? Have you looked up the wiring schematic? Head lights and running lights should have the same power source, turn signals would be different power source but at some point all of the power comes together going back to the battery. start with the wiring diagram and a volt meter or test light and start checking power.

Got dash back together, hooked up. Brand new battery, motor over ok. No headlights, park lights, flashers, turn signals, windows or horn.Dome light, map light and seats work. Any ideas? Im at a loss.

I suggest you check power IN to the headlight switch. No horn might be a separate issue, or not. Get a volt-ohmeter, and start checking power at the fusebox, then the bulkhead connector. Crap like power windows and seats get fed from breakers, usually behind the driver side kick panel. I suspect something isn't feeding through though. Is there still an ammeter hooked up in that dash?

Working on 68 300. First time ive hooked battery up.Had the bulk head apart, looked ok. Ive got my color schematic to start ckng more tomorow. Dash was apart and missing peices. Going to ck better tomorow.

Working on 68 300. First time ive hooked battery up.Had the bulk head apart, looked ok. Ive got my color schematic to start ckng more tomorow. Dash was apart and missing peices. Going to ck better tomorow.

I suspect either the red or black power feed to the ammeter among other circuits will read DEAD. In fact, it should be that from the battery, which, on my '68 Newport is RED. DO check power into the headlight switch and trace that back. Your power outage is major, and can only come from one or 2 defective feeds. You MAY have blown the fusible link. They don't always melt entirely in 2.

Back