noob

sweatnblood

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm military vet here in san diego and just bought my first plymouth...it's a 65 fury convert with 383/ 727...I'm pretty excited...right now she runs pretty good...and I'm here in san diego so drop tops are always a plus...my future plans for her will be the handling first..so going to look for a poly rebuild kit and I've been told to get the biggest sway bar possible...not sure where to look for that...did see a sight called firm feel...so wondering if that's the best place or are there other that have good parts...I have not seen anything on bracing...so do you guys have any ideas on that...well thanks for the help and look forward to learing :eek:s_dancing2:

Welcome to the site from one noob to another. That's a great looking car do you have any pictures to share? Btw Thanks for your service!

Welcome to the site! That's an excellent car choice! My first car was a '65 Fury III convert, 383 4-speed. Black on black with white top. Bench seat with factory Hurst Competition shifter. Any pics of yours?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Sounds like you`ve got a nice ride. Congrats. Haven`t worked on a car of your vintage so maybe somebody else here has and can help. Welcome aboard.

Welcome and congrats on the Fury! Thanks for your service. Firm feel is pretty well respected, but with many aftermarket suppliers there are hiccups here and there. Not sure about the sway bars for a 65 fury, hopefully someone else can weigh in and give some feedback on if it was a direct bolt in or if some massaging had to be done.

Welcome aboard. Some very good help available here.

This week I'm expecting a shipment from firm feel for my 66 fury project. I ordered the package incl front sway bar. There are brackets with it that weld to the frame so waiting on this before the frame goes for a powder coat.

I will post some pics for your info when its all laid out on the floor.

I added photos...I think...

car3.jpg

car2.jpg

thanks guys...yea it's a ca car all it's life and the guy I got it from was the owner for the last 20yrs...so lucky for me...just don't know **** about plymouth/dodge...:hide: so this should be fun to learn something...

Back