Paint

myskin

Reaction score
So here’s my ‘64 (hopefully, the color is true). My problem: when I look up the paint, different sites call this code different colors. Some call it “Dune Beige”. Some call it “Sable Tan Poly”. Does anyone know a reliable paint source? Thanks in advance

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_2982.jpeg

Different carlines called the same-formula color different marketing names. Most notable were the High Impact Colors of the later 1960s and early 1970s. As always, go by the factory color code numbers.

CBODY

Chrysler and Plymouth called that color Medium Beige Metallic in ‘64. Dodge referred to it as Tan Metallic or as found on his color chart Tan Poly.
This is a Ditzler chart.
IMG_8344.jpeg

Last edited:
Year and paint code, the name is meaningless. The paint store doesn't mix off a name, they use the code.

thanks to Wile E CYoyote,4, Mr Moparchp, detmatt, and CBODY. When I painted my daughter’s car GM had two names for white. The clerk who mixed it had both names for the same color and asked me what my old parts had on them. So I assumed there’d be some confusion when I went for my paint. My brother was the painter but he’s passed so I’m on my own. This question was for the floor and trunk which will be hidden anyway, in case there’s a problem. But, in searching for an answer I came across Y called Dune Beige on one site and Sable Tan poly on another. Poly seems to be a metallic color so I buffed a section looking for metal flake, hence my uncertainty.

Back