REBELLE 300

Reaction score
anybody know where I can find that power window drive gear Chrysler 300 1966

IMG_4982.jpeg

IMG_4981.jpeg

anybody know where I can find that power window drive gear Chrysler 300 1966

View attachment 677710

View attachment 677711
I've been looking at the power window motors for my 1965 300L. The '66 uses the same part number, so I believe it's the same motor.

First, and before anyone chimes in about buying a new one, or replacing the rollers with nuts, they aren't the same as later motors. What year they changed, I haven't figured out yet. The center of that drive looks to be a solid piece of rubber, rather than the later drives with springs or rollers. While the diameter is the same, the worm gear is different in the drive and the later gear will not work.

Here's a pic of the worm gears just to show what I've talking about. 1965 gear is at the top.

nHKufBC.jpg

I do have a fix though! Actually 2 different fixes.

Both involve purchasing one of these, depending on which side motor you have. WINDOW LIFT MOTOR (NEW) fits: CHRYSLER FIFTH AVE IMPERIAL LEBARON NEW YORKER | eBay or WINDOW LIFT MOTOR (NEW) fits: CHRYSLER FIFTH AVE IMPERIAL LEBARON NEW YORKER | eBay

The first, and probably the easiest is to swap the lower bracket on the motor and just use the motor "as is" with some sort of mod to the wiring because the old motors use a different plug. This pic shows the lower mounting bracket. This is used on the rear window (2 door) and I'm not 100% sure it's on the front too, but I think it is.

Uuegp64.jpg

The second, and one I actually bolted together involves swapping the armature so you can use a new style drive. That gives you the newer style worm gear and let's you use the original housing with the original plugs. There's a bunch of parts that look like they interchange, even the same casting numbers, but they are different enough that you can't. That means you can't swap the end bell, with its power connections, to the newer style motor. This scenario involves more work and disassembly/assembly of the motors.

Now that I’ve clean all the parts most of it is gonna be great, but I’m still gonna be looking for two gaskets and that gear
I've been looking at the power window motors for my 1965 300L. The '66 uses the same part number, so I believe it's the same motor.

First, and before anyone chimes in about buying a new one, or replacing the rollers with nuts, they aren't the same as later motors. What year they changed, I haven't figured out yet. The center of that drive looks to be a solid piece of rubber, rather than the later drives with springs or rollers. While the diameter is the same, the worm gear is different in the drive and the later gear will not work.

Here's a pic of the worm gears just to show what I've talking about. 1965 gear is at the top.

nHKufBC.jpg

I do have a fix though! Actually 2 different fixes.

Both involve purchasing one of these, depending on which side motor you have. WINDOW LIFT MOTOR (NEW) fits: CHRYSLER FIFTH AVE IMPERIAL LEBARON NEW YORKER | eBay or WINDOW LIFT MOTOR (NEW) fits: CHRYSLER FIFTH AVE IMPERIAL LEBARON NEW YORKER | eBay

The first, and probably the easiest is to swap the lower bracket on the motor and just use the motor "as is" with some sort of mod to the wiring because the old motors use a different plug. This pic shows the lower mounting bracket. This is used on the rear window (2 door) and I'm not 100% sure it's on the front too, but I think it is.

Uuegp64.jpg

The second, and one I actually bolted together involves swapping the armature so you can use a new style drive. That gives you the newer style worm gear and let's you use the original housing with the original plugs. There's a bunch of parts that look like they interchange, even the same casting numbers, but they are different enough that you can't. That means you can't swap the end bell, with its power connections, to the newer style motor. This scenario involves more work and disassembly/assembly of the motors.
so this one would not work ?

Capture d’écran, le 2024-08-17 à 16.29.02.png

Now that I’ve clean all the parts most of it is gonna be great, but I’m still gonna be looking for two gaskets and that gear

so this one would not work ?

View attachment 677750
I'd say a hard no on that.

It will actually fit into place (I tried one) but the worm gear is different and I'm sure it won't work.

I don't have a good picture, but it comes down to the angle of the teeth on the big gear has to mesh with the angle of the worm gear or it will bind. The green gear is the older style and you can just see the teeth are shaped a bit different. It all gets into worm gear angles and all that stuff that is a science unto itself.

aNKQKtn.jpg

I should add, the small gear, that actually mesh with the regulator gears, are the same.

BTW, that gear you posted is overpriced and it would be cheaper to buy that entire motor I posted from eBay.

I should add, the small gear, that actually mesh with the regulator gears, are the same.

BTW, that gear you posted is overpriced and it would be cheaper to buy that entire motor I posted from eBay.
Yes but I would love to keep the original motor you know . And that eBay motor is in US dollars plus they charge me 45 $ shipping so like 120$ canadien

You could do this too.

Name

This may be the cheapest solution as you can probably buy it locally. It's not the original motor, but the window will go up and down.

I really don't think you'll find a good replacement drive.

it may sound crazy maybe I can try to repair the gear I have whit like PL glue or something what tike that. just crazy ?

Back