Polarais Vs. Polara

Reaction score
how many Polara owners have had your car called a Polaris by almost everyone.

I bought a 66 Polara 500 and I have it in a storage unit and when I was putting it in and the guy was doing the paperwork, he put down 66 Dodge "Polaris"

Then I am at the DMV getting the title transferred and the guy there behind the counter said he remembered the "Polaris" and it was a good car.

I am thinking ...whoa whoa ...this is a dodge, not an ATV

Then I am showing a friend pics of the car and he says .....I didn't know dodge made a "Polaris"

uuuummm yea, some people and their kids.

I've never owned a Polara but I could see that happening a lot... no where near as annoying as someone referring to any CBody as ANY other big car.... with my Monaco it was always, "wow, what is that a Lincoln?"
... yea, that's why it says "DODGE" across the hood.

how many Polara owners have had your car called a Polaris by almost everyone.

I bought a 66 Polara 500 and I have it in a storage unit and when I was putting it in and the guy was doing the paperwork, he put down 66 Dodge "Polaris"

Then I am at the DMV getting the title transferred and the guy there behind the counter said he remembered the "Polaris" and it was a good car.

I am thinking ...whoa whoa ...this is a dodge, not an ATV

Then I am showing a friend pics of the car and he says .....I didn't know dodge made a "Polaris"

uuuummm yea, some people and their kids.

1967_POLARIS_PP7544.jpg

yy6566custom.jpg

I don't see the resemblance myself. :lol:

It doesn't surprise me though. I've been asked quite a few dumb questions about my cars and heard quite a few about other cars in general. They're well meaning though.

My roommates used to call it that. Annoying at first and now it's a term of endearment. We all love the Polara. I'd never seen a mid 60's Polara until they drove it to the house.

1967_POLARIS_PP7544.jpg

yy6566custom.jpg

I don't see the resemblance myself.

It doesn't surprise me though. I've been asked quite a few dumb questions about my cars and heard quite a few about other cars in general. They're well meaning though.

I think the base colour is the same:lol:

So on to my experiences with my Polaris... uh I mean Polara :lol:

I get it about once a week... in one case I had an old guy in New Orleans ask me if this was a Canadian only named because he was 100% certain that the US had Polaris's:wtf:

But I didn't bother to correct the old guy. I let him have his moment in Mopar memory land.

Um, guess that gives some added traction in the snow?

Just got 9,199 results on Ebay for "Dodge Polaris".

:elmer:

Back