Post-Carlisle Road Hazard vs Penny the 72 Imperial

The_Eagles’_Nest

Reaction score
So driving up US322 near Lewistown a huge metal chair was in the right lane. I dodged a direct hit but I could not move over with the impatient PA drivers blocking the left lane. I’m disappointed that I hit the chair but glad I was not in a modern car, any modern car would have been disabled with the bumper cover torn off. Thankfully no damage besides the fender getting wrinkled and the moldings being forced back along their clips.

IMG_1435.jpeg

IMG_1436.jpeg

IMG_1437.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1439.jpeg
IMG_1434.jpeg

Sorry you had the problem. A "good thing" is that with a block of wood, the side moldings can probably be slid back into their prior, normal positions with not too much problem. The wheel opening molding might take different ways to get it back to near-normal.

Glad it wasn't worse!

CBODY67

Last edited:
Working in the furniture business I notice when it's along the road, people don't realize the wind force at 65 mph. Sofas, dressers, mattresses, BBQ grills. They think they're heavy enough to stay in a pickup bed.

@The_Eagles’_Nest -- sorry that this happened to you! Question: do you use Waze when driving? If not, you may consider doing so. You don't need to give up (all of) your privacy in that you can use that program without registering. In any event, you probably would have gotten an alert. I avoided several road hazards thanks to it on the way from IL to Carlisle.

No no Waze. I’m sure I can fix it with a a wood block and a mallet. The moldings were fixed at the next gas stop. No paint damage thankfully.

Back