Posting my dad's '57 Imperial (Wis)

EccentricMagpies

Reaction score
greetings...
Little bit of a story of this car...
My dad bought, brand new, a '57 Imperial as his first car.
Robin egg blue, black top, red floor

Stopped running when I was maybe 5. Sat ever since. (still does)

~5 years ago, or ~35 years later, he bought another '57 that he decided to have restored to the same color combo as his original. Catch was, he wanted nothing taken off from his original car.
Finding parts wasn't easy but it is getting close to complete now.
(it's my understading, without being direct, there is some sentimental value on his original car that he didn't want it laying in pieces and tossed aside)

robinBlue57.jpg

backSide57.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Very nice Imperial!!! What are the future plans for this beauty?

:sSig_goodjob:

Welcome aboard. Very nice Imperial!!! What are the future plans for this beauty?

:sSig_goodjob:

Thanks!
Oh, probably the local parade(s) I suspect. I don't think he has the intention of driving it a ton.
I'd like to take it to the 'mopars in the park' event but not exactly sure when the finish date is expected on it.

Very sweet car, look forward to more pics as it goes back together.

I'm not a fan of "fin" tail cars, but the rear of that Imp is absolutely sublime. Really nice looking....now I'm wanting to see the rest of the car put back together.

Huh? Your kidding................:pumping heart: I'd love to have one, in a ragtop of course

Naw, way before my time........most look like the result of car designers taking way too much artistic license in interpreting the "space age"....ok I'm done opining.

The more I look at that car, the more I like that color!!! Can't wait to see what it looks like with wheels on her.

The more I look at that car, the more I like that color!!! Can't wait to see what it looks like with wheels on her.

Speaking of those... he actually just got the new wheels in. He ordered extra wide whitewall tires, to go with it.
Also came to realize that the spare was of some other make so he is going to remove one of his rims from the original car so he can mount a new tire on it as well.

They are 14" rims. I have a '69 Dart, wondered if this might be the same bolt pattern. Anyone know off hand? Otherwise I'll just pull one off and throw it in the car and stop in to find out myself this weekend.

He also will have thrush exhaust installed.

Thanks,
john

Sweet car, love the fins, even though they were gone about a decade before I was born.

Let us see some pictures of the "Chrysler Firepower" 392 Hemi.

My guess as far as your bolt patern would be 5 on 5" for the Imperial, 5 on 4.5" for everything else Chrysler until the Valiant and the Lancer which were 5 on 4".

Your '69 Dart should be the 5 on 4" if it has not been changed. I believe the "A" bodies moved up to the 4.5" patern in '73-'74 or there abouts.

Sweet car, love the fins, even though they were gone about a decade before I was born.

Let us see some pictures of the "Chrysler Firepower" 392 Hemi.

My guess as far as your bolt patern would be 5 on 5" for the Imperial, 5 on 4.5" for everything else Chrysler until the Valiant and the Lancer which were 5 on 4".

Your '69 Dart should be the 5 on 4" if it has not been changed. I believe the "A" bodies moved up to the 4.5" patern in '73-'74 or there abouts.

Hey, thanks for the information on that.
The motor is in another shop but I'll try to stop in and take some photo's of it before/after it gets dropped back in.
I'll proabably post them at the other thread I created (outside the welcome board)

http://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/showthread.php?t=2494

Back