Pro-Street 66 Fury is going through a few changes.

Reaction score
Ladies, Fellas, a lot of you are somewhat familiar with my Fury, Its been completed for seven years and for sale for about a year now, Since it doesn't seem to find a new home. I have done and am going to do some updates/ changes to it. I will post every so often as I accomplish tasks as these threads last a couple weeks on the first page.

The list of changes include but not limited to: adding powerbrake booster, front sway bar, hood hinges and struts to my fiberglass lift off, lowrise dual quad intake, swap out the Dana 60 for 8-3/4 and modern wheel, tire combo. maybe 17 & 18's or 18's & 20's. a few more items along the way. I will also post a pic or two from the shows I attend. Henry

Henry, if you are getting rid of any parts, please let me know. Are you going to post a new thread about the upgrades or are you going to post in this thread? Don't forget pictures man!!

I think that's the best thing for you to do Henry. To you, the car is almost priceless. Keep it and make it your life long pet hobby and enjoy the crap out of it.

i saw the car at Zephyrhills and talked to Henry for a good bit. The car is really nice and something we could all aspire to doing with our own cars. When you put that much thought and care into a project. You basically have 2 choices. The first sell the car at huge loss. People really don't care about all the time and effort you spent building it. Which is a damn shame as they should. The second thing is to never get rid of it and drive the hell out of it. Glad you're going with option 2.

Honestly Henry I am with the rest. That is way to nice of a car to let go from the pics I've seen of it. I only hope to get mine 1/2 as nice as yours one day! Between you and 66 I have a great deal of work to get to even being in the same country as what your cars are! Really glad I joined over here. All of you guys are very helpful. Heck you guys help with stuff and I am not even sure I asked for help sometimes!

Thanks all, I built the car for me, the way I wanted it while I was building it. Now I find myself wanting something that has some rust, dings, old paint, and maybe a little scruffy around the edges so I can to "drive it like I stole it" instead of "drive it like I am renting it but have to pay for damages".

any way here are a couple pics of what I am doing. Need to FEED the beast WP_001565.jpg

WP_001565.jpg

Thanks all, I built the car for me, the way I wanted it while I was building it. Now I find myself wanting something that has some rust, dings, old paint, and maybe a little scruffy around the edges so I can to "drive it like I stole it" instead of "drive it like I am renting it but have to pay for damages".

any way here are a couple pics of what I am doing. Need to FEED the beast View attachment 28049

Oh well if that is what you want then lets load em up and I'll trade ya!:yaayy::wave3:

sorry for the blurry pics, here is the fiberglass hood prepped for the mounting plates, the modified stock hinges, mounting plates fiberglassed into place.
I will be using strong-arms to lift the hood but need to bolt it on first to get the geometry right.
WP_001527.jpgWP_001528.jpgWP_001529.jpgWP_001561.jpg

WP_001527.jpg

WP_001528.jpg

WP_001529.jpg

WP_001561.jpg

Ya know, and I'm the very worst at this as it would drive me insane, but drive it and use it like a car. It'll eventually get rough around the edges, dings here and there, but it will still be an outstanding car and you'd get to enjoy all of your hard work.

Again it would drive me insane to let little things happen to it but that's what I would do. Take it to your local show n shine, let people ohh and ahh over it then well em it's the last time you'll see it like this because she's going to be used for what she was made for, driving.

Glad you're going that route Henry. I can only imagine the time and cash you have into that car but driving it is surely the best way to get your value out of it. One of these days someone will make you an offer you can't refuse.

Guys, don't mis-understand, My Fury is no Trailer queen it has been finished since 2007 and I do Drive it everywhere. I live on a dirt road. its not a Daily but almost every weekend I am tooling around. I drive it to the Cruise-ins two or three times a months, and make it to about 6-8 shows a year, Our show season is November till mid April, too hot otherwise to sit in a field or parking lot. I trailer it up to Atlanta, Valdosta, Ocala, but drive it when I get there and I will be at the Good Guys show in Kissimmee April 25.

I don't beat on the car and I am always careful but it does not lead a pampered life.

Keep the updates coming .. looking forward to hearing more

please get an avatar though .. check out Catfish for ideas if you need some inspiration. Oh and a location if you don't mind. A few of us guys are trying socialize this and would appreciate your help. :)

There's nothing like getting the satisfaction of building your own ride,but there is one thing that tops this,and that's being able to enjoy driving it.I've had numerous cars over the years,and have been afraid of getting a scratch,nick,dent,etc.,but all you can do is be careful while driving it,park far away from crowds,keep her clean and waxed,and hope all goes well.I've seen guys restore cars,barely use them,and then have a tree limb fall on the car while it's in their driveway.Some things are just gonna happen.Enjoy the hell out of it and just insure it to the max,this way you'll be covered if anything bad happens to her.Your other option is just finding a second car as a beater,so you won't feel as bad when she gets a scratch!

got the sway bar all buttoned up, I am not happy with the bushings for the upper chassis mount, they are too small diameter. installed the hinges permanent and installed the hood to get the geometry for the pneumatic lever arms. WP_001606.jpgWP_001609.jpgWP_001612.jpg

WP_001606.jpg

WP_001609.jpg

WP_001612.jpg

Looks good Acreage! Are you using regular gas charged hood/trunk struts or are you going to use linear actuators? Have you figured out where your gonna mount them? I was considering linear actuators and eliminating the torsion rod setup all together but my hood is also a factory steel one so I'm sure I'd need some powerful actuators.

Back