Rear brakes.

Mopar mike

Reaction score
I changed the rear brakes on my Dodge polara -67 all new and now i cant get the springs in place, someone have a picture of the right tool for that. Because of my cancer my arms and fingers are week so i cant do if with a ondinary plier ( i think its called in English)

spin_prod_206357201

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=30-155265904-2

I have one looking like that but the spring dont slide on it, it seems to be to big so the hook on the spring will nog slide in place. I will try again. Thanks for helping.

Also, modify the end with a bigger notch like this and it will work a lot better.

1ibqzc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Piece of cake, said that man, hope i can say that too, Thanks.

I have to admit when I was learning brakes as a kid, the shop owner would watch me screwing up badly trying to reinstall the springs and he would come over and slap me hard on the head, grab the tool, do it himself in the blink of an eye, then curse me telling me I was as "useless as the Pope's balls".
Best teacher/mentor I ever had!!

After a couple of attempts and a lot of angry words, the springs is there in place, giving upp is not my melody. Continuing tomorrow on the other side.

Yes, my healt is not as it use to be because of cancer. When i was younger theese springs was no problem, but now it is, but giving up is not for me :sSig_thanks:

I hope you are feeling better!

:tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Yes, i was wisiting my onkolog this week and my tumors has become smaller and the bloodmarker were also lower than earlier. I am in the middel of kemo treatment, and the result is positiv.:eek:s_dancing2:

Yes, im glad for that. And i am finished the rear brake assembly. Now i am checking the front, brakes seems to be ok, but sway bar bushings is worn out so i remowed the whole assembly now. I have and old Mopar spare part catalog from -65 that helps me alot, many Pictures of how its supposed to be mounted. Whats the best parts to get, Pst, Just suspension, Moog or what, glad for tips in quality regarding this parts. :sSig_thankyou:

Yes, im glad for that. And i am finished the rear brake assembly. Now i am checking the front, brakes seems to be ok, but sway bar bushings is worn out so i remowed the whole assembly now. I have and old Mopar spare part catalog from -65 that helps me alot, many Pictures of how its supposed to be mounted. Whats the best parts to get, Pst, Just suspension, Moog or what, glad for tips in quality regarding this parts. :sSig_thankyou:

Dont you need the part numbers for partsvoice Bob?

Yes.......and he said he has a parts catalog.

DSC_0302.jpgThis is what i find at my local US-car part dealer today, on the shelf. Looks like the right stuff for my swaybar repair. :eek:ccasion14:

DSC_0302.jpg

Back