Relieved!

furyus 67

Reaction score
Well about 4 months ago we(me/wife) received a notice from the county of Genesee MI stating that the home we purchased in November of 2013 was in tax foreclosure and we had until feb of 2016 to pay the balance of $6000 . Imagine our suprise because we have paid every tax bill that came to us. Well as it turned out the county failed to send us the 2013 winter tax bill. They sent it to the now non-existent citizens bank which merged with maridian bank in 2014. After going to the county treasurer to find out what had happened and what to do we were told " you bought a house! You should have known it came with taxes". Really!! Well what we ended up figuring out is...... In July of 2013 Citizens bank requested that the 2 parcels that our house and barn sit on be joined as 1,under 1 parcel number. The request was granted Jan of 2014. The country treasurer how ever couldn't figure out where to send the 2013 winter taxes! So they continued to send them to a bank that no longer exist. Well after not receiving payment for the taxes they contracted a 3rd party company to start the foreclosure proceedings. Well hallelujah the 3rd party company knew where to send the notice! TO THE ADDRESS OF THE PROPERTY IN QUESTION!!! The one place our incompetent treasurers office couldn't find!!! After retaining an attorney and and few months time the house is now out of forclosure and the county has dropped the passed due taxes as they should! Considering it was their mistake. When we 1st went down there we were told " The county will NOT make any deals whatsoever. The balance MUST be paid in full regardless of circumstance." Thank you lord!!!

I am so very happy for you! It should be criminal that they can still do that after almost a decade of legislation and bailouts and insanity that has surrounded real estate. For most of us common folks, that's the biggest asset we have. Glad thats over for you.

Thanks cantflip! We would have had no problem paying the tax that was due. They refused to drop the penalties and late fee's even tho they were at fault for not making sure the bills went to correct address. It's a big weight lifted for sure! Christmas is back on kids!! Lol

Thanks cantflip! We would have had no problem paying the tax that was due. They refused to drop the penalties and late fee's even tho they were at fault for not making sure the bills went to correct address. It's a big weight lifted for sure! Christmas is back on kids!! Lol

I understood that right off... or you are paying really awful tax rates...maybe both.

I'm glad you got it resolved as well, now how's your water?

Thanks guys!! My waters great Matt, a lil on the hard side but that's the cost of well water!:) As far as our local government goes Dave, a waste of flesh! It was the bank we bought the property from that made request on the parcels, the county government that confused all two of the parties involved in the sale and didn't attach the old/new parcel numbers and it was us that was expected to pay for it! Mistakes happen! But the unwillingness of the county to work with us in anyway is just disappointing ! Thank god our lawyer knew what he was doing!

Yes it is amazing that the Gov't at all levels is defiant, deaf, and dumb until someone starts talking that has a degree and passed a test. By the people for the people my ***. It is still better than most countries and has come a long way just a lot has been in the wrong direction.

Glad you were able to resolve the matter. Government officials can forget they are "public servants". BTW where was your elected representative in all of this?

Has anyone ever heard of anybody getting fired from city hall?
Ever???

131115161608-01-mayor-ford-1115-story-top.jpg

Glad you were able to resolve the matter. Government officials can forget they are "public servants". BTW where was your elected representative in all of this?
Didn't end up making contact with any officials other than the clerk. Had some serious thoughts on going to the news with it but our lawyer ended up resolving it before we made to much of a stink! The best description I can put together on our judicial system is this......They're all friends!!

image.jpg

last time in the news was saying battling more tumors...no sympathy from me. He is the image for corruption if ever seen one

Back