Retired!!!

Greg B.

Reaction score
Hey gang, sorry I haven't been here so much lately. I've been busy wrapping things up at work because as of last Friday, May 30th, I am officially retired from the Province of Nova Scotia and the Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation! Been thinking about doing this for a while, especially since I had the major surgery + complications at the end of 2009. I was going to go a year or two after that, but I started feeling better after another year or so and then I got a promotion+raise and had to stay a while longer. But over the last year or so it just got to be too much for me and, as people have always told me, I just knew it was time to leave. Luckily, I have a decent pension and while I won't be quite as flush as I was while on the payroll, things should be good financially (though only time will tell I guess). On the plus side I will now have time to figure out what to do on the old car front, on the house front, and on all the other fronts that I was just too busy to handle while working full-time. It's a bit of a leap of faith but everyone tells me I will enjoy it, so I'm believing them on that score. Nice to not have to deal with budgets, 5-year plans, Audit Committees and all the other stuff of corporate life. Wish me luck!!

Good luck!

One year and seven months left for me!

Congrats and best of luck! I think I'm doing what I will be doing till I die...

Congrats. Now you'll have plenty of time to care for those beautiful black seats.

Back