Rubber isolated stub frames interchange

Furious

Reaction score
I have a 1971 Fury with a damaged stub frame. As far as I know the 70-73 rubber isolated stub frames are all the same, other than Imperial of course. I have a 1970 New Yorker parts car. I think that 70 New Yorker and 71 Fury stub frames should be identical. Anyone know for sure?

Chrysler and Dodge had longer torsion bars than Plymouth. If you compare your stub frames, you'll see that the bars on the Chrysler protrude out of the back of the rear crossmember a couple inches more. As long as you swap the Chrysler bars into the Plymouth too, everything will fit. You'll just end up with a slightly softer ride than before. Unless the Chrysler had A/C and the Plymouth didn't. Then you'll be swapping standard bars for the thicker A/C bars, and your ride will probably stay the same.

Jeff

Chrysler and Dodge had longer torsion bars than Plymouth. If you compare your stub frames, you'll see that the bars on the Chrysler protrude out of the back of the rear crossmember a couple inches more. As long as you swap the Chrysler bars into the Plymouth too, everything will fit. You'll just end up with a slightly softer ride than before. Unless the Chrysler had A/C and the Plymouth didn't. Then you'll be swapping standard bars for the thicker A/C bars, and your ride will probably stay the same.

Jeff
OK, I knew the non isolated bars were shorter, but I didn't realize they used shorter bars one the isolated Plymouths too.

Back