Rust encapsulators

Nadine66

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm wondering about rust encapsulators. I have rust on the insides of my back wheel wells behind the rear wheels. Ive seen different products POR 15, Eastman, etc. Id like to hear about your experiences and results. Thank you!

Many years ago I used POR-15 a truck. I bought the start kit and followed the directions. Top coated it with some Rustoleum spray bomb. a couple of years later when it cam time to paint it that stuff was rock solid. You would've had to use some very coarse sand paper to get through it.

My cousin and a buddy used the POR 15 and are happy with the results. I should probably use that. Thanks for your reply!

I've used POR-15 with good results. The area has to be clean and rough, so any areas with paint will need to be roughed up with course paper. As said, it will need to be top-coated because it doesn't like UV light. I found, and this was a suggestion from a POR-15 rep, that if you top coat it, spray primer on it while the POR-15 is still tacky.

Oh.. and wear gloves. You won't get this stuff off your hands. It has to wear off and that takes a week. AMHIK.

Back