Slant six C bodies

Reaction score
I absolutely love the slant six engine, however I am mostly an A body person. Slant sixes and A bodies went together like chrome on hubcaps.

However I know a number of slant six c bodies were produced.

Who here has one?? Surely there are more around like this guy in a you tube video
Let's see it

Screen-Shot-2016-01-07-at-11.33.21-AM.png

I once drove a '66 Dart wagon with a 225 in it. Ran pretty much like our '66 Newport 383, in comparison. Nothing wrong with a 225 in a less-optioned C-body, per se. Might need a 3.55 rear axle ratio with OD for better performance? Of course, the 4bbl intake and small 4bbl carb, with a better exhaust system would help!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

The slant 6 in a C body seemed to be more popular in Canada (at least that's how it seems to me). For a while in 65-66 Canada continued the economy price Plymouth Savoy that almost always had a slant 6.

I used to own a 68 Fury I 4 door sedan Slant 6 auto, radio delete, Armstrong steering and no power brakes. One of the most austere cars I ever saw. Only option was a heater (Canadian car).

1965 Plymouth Savoy | Classic Cars | Winnipeg | Kijiji

$_59 .jpg
$_59.jpg

I've had a few, in a 65 Dart, 73 Duster and an 81 Le Baron Wagon. The later, while not a powerhouse by any stretch, (an 85 hp engine in a 3500 lb car), it did by then have hydraulic lifters and was a very smooth and quite motor.

Like the Plymouth in the YouTube video, in the mid 70's my Dad drove a 1960 Plymouth wagon with a slant 6.
It had a Savoy type trim level as it was a six passenger wagon with radio ,heater, and automatic transmission.

My Dad being a somewhat ornery mechanic by trade really liked that wagon for its simplicity(less options -less to repair) and its Mopar /6 reliability.

My older brother and I both had turns behind the wheel of that wagon as 16 year old kids with our driving permits.

I chuckle when I think of kids today trying to drive , much less parallel park a wagon of that size with no power steering and tailfins.
As an aside I am 6'2 in height and the dash mounted rear view mirror on that wagon was perfect for me.

Last edited:
I have a 68 Fury II 2dr sedan with the slant 6 and 3spd stick. Basically the baseline equipment with little to no options. Don't remember if it has power steering but it does have manual brakes for sure. Its buried in the barn. Have had the car for years and got it with the intent of putting a V8-4spd in it. Its a non runner missing the radiator, carb, starter, etc. And somebody poorly put a floor shift in it at some point. Still haven't decided to do that or put it back stock. Stock would be very different and unusual and probably rare as well. But, I also know I'd be disappointed with the performance of it.
Probably be a couple more years before I get to it so maybe I will have decided by then.

A guy here in Minnesota has a fury with a /6 and three in the tree he was selling, I can check if you're interested in it.

Like the Plymouth in the YouTube video, in the mid 70's my Dad drove a 1960 Plymouth wagon with a slant 6.
It had a Savoy type trim level as it was a six passenger wagon with radio ,heater, and automatic transmission.

My Dad being a somewhat ornery mechanic by trade really liked that wagon for its simplicity(less options -less to repair) and its Mopar /6 reliability.

My older brother and I both had turns behind the wheel of that wagon as 16 year old kids with our driving permits.

I chuckle when I think of kids today trying to drive , much less parallel park a wagon of that size with no power steering and tailfins.
As an aside I am 6'2 in height and the dash mounted rear view mirror on that wagon was perfect for me.
My Dad had one like you described, bought it new. Had it up to 67-68 when he got an A100 van, also a slant 6.
Dad 60 Plymouth.jpg

I have a 73 slant six Fury I. Built as a taxi but never put into service. If I'm not mistaken 1972–1973 slant six Fury's were only available as fleet vehicles. Taxi-police-etc.

73FuryU.jpg

73FuryO.jpg

My Dad had one like you described, bought it new. Had it up to 67-68 when he got an A100 van, also a slant 6.View attachment 232549
Nice! I’m curious what color was it? The copper color that my dad’s 60 was seemed to be the default color Mopar used in 1960 as many of the 60 Plymouth’s that have survived are that copper/brown color

Nice! I’m curious what color was it? The copper color that my dad’s 60 was seemed to be the default color Mopar used in 1960 as many of the 60 Plymouth’s that have survived are that copper/brown color

Lol, I doubt it made it's way from NY to MN, but it was a brown, maybe copper, with a white roof and front fender inserts. I remember seeing the window sticker once, the heater was an option.

Back