Some Rear Bumper resto pictures.

Captainfury

Reaction score
I have removed the rear bumper/ valance from my 72 Fury Gran Sedan 4 door hardtop.
After allowing penetrating oil to sit on all visible bolts overnight and then unbolting as many as possible, my son and I managed to slide it backward and off. What a mess!! But glad I did.

IMG_2045.jpeg

IMG_2044.jpeg

IMG_2047.jpeg

IMG_2059.jpeg

IMG_2061.jpeg

Good looking work. Did you paint or powder coat the bumper brackets?
You can easily delete pictures or correct words by editing the post. On the bottom left there are a couple dots and then, while logged in, the options will come up to edit what ever you want. Then hit save at the bottom, you may have to scroll down.

Easy Peasy! Now that I Finally learned my way around this site. It’s seems others are different. I know I had steam coming out of my ears more than a few times.:thumbsup:

Thanks haywire 440.
The bumper brackets were just placed in a vice and given a really good wire wheel treatment. I then covered them with a grey undercoat, left to dry overnight. Then two coats of red gloss enamel, each given 24 hours between coats. All just done with a rattle can.
And thanks for the tech help.

Thanks haywire 440.
The bumper brackets were just placed in a vice and given a really good wire wheel treatment. I then covered them with a grey undercoat, left to dry overnight. Then two coats of red gloss enamel, each given 24 hours between coats. All just done with a rattle can.
And thanks for the tech help.
Good work. Why red?

No particular reason other than I was buying some spray paint for some other project a while back and the red was on special so I bought it.
Then, after driving my fury about 600 miles back to Sydney it received a complete mechanical going over suspension,steering, tank, and other items including the front sway bar.The sway bar was looking very old and one of its mounting brackets was broken. Anyway, fixed sway bar up and used the red on it which looked good. So I just wanted to use it up and thought that when she goes for registration inspection it will be obvious that some work has been to the bumper area.It looked nice so the red highlights are on a few underbody pieces now.

Back