Stub Frame body mounts/isolators

Husky

Reaction score
A while back I asked about stub frame to body isolators and got some helpful tips. Since these rubber mounts/isolators are no longer available, I have decided to make my own. I have every measurement except for the size of the holes where the isolators bolt to the frame (the two side by side mounts at the dash foot of the stub frame). Just wondering if anyone knows what diameter these holes are or has access to a 70-73 stub frame and can measure it for me?

Thanks Commando1, I appreciate your interest and support with this important issue.

Using my trusty tape measure I came up with a measurement of 1-11/16".

Thanks very much for that Polarus, very helpful. BTW, out of curiosity, which model and year is the stubframe from?

002.jpg001.jpg1972 Dodge Polara 4 door sedan jigsaw puzzle.

IMG_0550.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Thanks for the pics Polarus. No offence but that Polara looks like it was pulled out of a swamp. Are you planning on a full resto?

Hey, Polarus, one more favor if it's not too much bother. I notice the bottom side of each hole protrudes down as a sort of flange. Could you use your trusty tape measure or ruler and measure how long the flange protrudes? I cannot measure mine directly but estimate it to be about 1/8". Thanks again!

@zog, no slagging here, just a jestful commentary at the task at hand, which I'm sure Polarus would understand...

Thanks for the pics Polarus. No offence but that Polara looks like it was pulled out of a swamp. Are you planning on a full resto?
No offense takin, up here in the Northeast that's considered pristine! There is no flange around the holes, the surrounding metal is flat.Frame isolators 001.jpgFrame isolators 002.jpg

Frame isolators 001.jpg

Frame isolators 002.jpg

The area around the hole is clean from the friction of the isolator, I'm planning a full restoration I just need more time, money, talent.

The area around the hole is clean from the friction of the isolator, I'm planning a full restoration I just need more time, money, talent.

Ha ha, I'm pretty sure which 2 of those 3 areas you need more of. Looks like you've got a plan and somewhere to actually do it. I cannot even get my ride into the garage...all my work has to be done on blocks/stands in the front yard. Good luck with it and thanks very much for your help.

Glad I could help. Good luck and post some photo's.

Back