Stuck door locks

Rustyrodknocker

Reaction score
My rear doors are locked and stuck. Does anybody have any tips for getting these unstuck?

Also the keys to the car are lost. Is there a place to order a key set and what is that process?

Than you.

I'd call a lock smith and see if you can bring one of the lock cylinders in from one of the front doors and cut a new key. I bought a car from an estate sale a couple of years ago. They told me to bring in the RF door lock cylinder. The keys still work today.

YouTube channel Kiwi's Classics and Customs (Uncle Tony's friend) and the video where he puts power door locks and such on his '59 Plymouth wagon. Might show something, but he took off the inside door panels to get to that stuff, which might be similar to your car.

(Remembering that the doors lock via pushing the inside door handle all the way forward, hence no lock buttons)

Latches not responsive from inside and outside? Using the stiff-wire dual master cyl cap retainer can be used to slide past the vent window weatherstrip, turn it so you can depress the button on the vent wing latch, then rotate the wire to open the vent wing with the button depressed. Quite slick to see that done.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I think if it were me, I would pull the rear door panels off and see what's stuck.

You'd have to pull the rear seat and it would probably be time well spent to pull the front seat too so you can get in there easier.

And yea, locksmith for the key.

YouTube channel Kiwi's Classics and Customs (Uncle Tony's friend) and the video where he puts power door locks and such on his '59 Plymouth wagon. Might show something, but he took off the inside door panels to get to that stuff, which might be similar to your car.

(Remembering that the doors lock via pushing the inside door handle all the way forward, hence no lock buttons)

Latches not responsive from inside and outside? Using the stiff-wire dual master cyl cap retainer can be used to slide past the vent window weatherstrip, turn it so you can depress the button on the vent wing latch, then rotate the wire to open the vent wing with the button depressed. Quite slick to see that done.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
I'll check out the video didn't know Kiwi had a channel.
I like the wire bail that's a good trick.
I have lock buttons I just can't get them free. Pulled the know off of one....

I think if it were me, I would pull the rear door panels off and see what's stuck.

You'd have to pull the rear seat and it would probably be time well spent to pull the front seat too so you can get in there easier.

And yea, locksmith for the key.
Well the seat bottom was missing already and I pulled seat back to look in the trunk for keys or seat backs....
I'll pull the panel. I wasn't sure about getting it off with the door closed.

Back