Tail Lamp molding - hand made

69_topless

Reaction score
My old threat is no longer active - WANTED - 3419107 Left Quarter Outside Tail Lamp molding 69 Polara but I want to keep you informed with the result of the molding repair. The company I used, went to the moon and back, making a completely new molding based on the given damaged sample and the other side molding, which was in good condition. The raw material is different, more heavy but other than that, it looks OEM. Wow, what a good work they did. It's getting a little cold there, or I´m just too lazy to install the part on the edge of the driving season, removing the bumper and tail lights, but I´m confident the part will go in very smoothly. For anyone in Europe, I can only recommend this company located in Slovakia Republic, to repair the molding, make the new bumper chroming, or anything else related. They are the best! :)

molding.jpg

molding2.jpg

Bet it was cast in bronze or a similar alloy. I handled some repop tail light bezels at Carlisle for an A-body at Layson's tent. Quite clearly just from the weight that it wasn't the zinc based alloy they generally use at the OEM.

The added benefit is if they used the right alloy, and I'll bet they did, it doesn't need the copper plating before chroming. Win-win for everyone concerned.

Back