Time wasted?

furyus 67

Reaction score
Well spent a couple hours cleaning this intake up to find a hair line crack. It's an edlebrock ch4b that was given to me by a buddy. Is it worth fixing?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would think so if it can be done for $100 or less but I have no idea how much aluminum welding costs or if there are other easier methods

Most aftermarket aluminum intakes, including these, seem to sell for about $125 or so unless they are Hemi or 6 BBL stuff or rare factory or excellent race parts

That's on the intake runner going into the port right? Is it even an issue?

does it go all the way thorugh to the other side?

Depends on how much an expert TIG welder will charge you.
I'd unclean it and put it on CL...

I think I'd use it unless it leaks fuel. Check to see if it's goest through to the inside of the runner.

If you decide not to use it I would be interested in it to add to my aluminum intake collection LOL

Depends on how much an expert TIG welder will charge you.
I'd unclean it and put it on CL...
That's not very honest Stan!;) I've got a guy that will weld it pretty cheap. My weiand has a crack too! Might as well do this one.

I think I'd use it unless it leaks fuel. Check to see if it's goest through to the inside of the runner.

If you decide not to use it I would be interested in it to add to my aluminum intake collection LOL
Will do tall hair! I think I'm gonna fix her tho. It looks for the ch4b's on the net and could only find 1 forsake prices at 299!! I got another set of these valve covers also. I've started cleaning one of them up. Now it's time to take the kids to strangers to beg for candy!!

image.jpg

Will do tall hair! I think I'm gonna fix her tho. It looks for the ch4b's on the net and could only find 1 forsake prices at 299!! I got another set of these valve covers also. I've started cleaning one of them up. Now it's time to take the kids to strangers to beg for candy!!

Great ... glad you are going to fix it and use it. I don't know why but i like intake manifolds and have plans to mount the ones I have and am not using on the wall of my forever garage one day ... kinda stupid but I think they are cool

Those valve covers are pretty cool also

If any body wants more than $75 to grind and weld that crack they are way too proud of their work.
I can proby get it done for a bit cheaper! I picked this air cleaner for a wall hanger! I get exactly what your saying tallhair! I've got all kinda car related things on the shop walls!

image.jpg

Back