Two Wires into One Packard Connector Terminal?

Reaction score
How does one fit two wires into the same single Packard connector terminal?

On my '67 300, I am missing the dark green wire that goes from the horn relay to the horns. This wire goes from the horn relay to one horn and then the other. The first horn in the series has two wires that go into the same connector. I am missing this wire and need to make it from scratch, unless someone has a spare I can buy.

See this post from @HWYCRZR for a photo of what I'm talking about. It's the Packard connector on the horn closest to the radiator.

There is a connector that slides onto the main connector that has a male and female connector on it. to functionally splice two wires together. There are also some connectors that will take two wires, too. As "two wires into one plug".

CBODY67

How does one fit two wires into the same single Packard connector terminal?

On my '67 300, I am missing the dark green wire that goes from the horn relay to the horns. This wire goes from the horn relay to one horn and then the other. The first horn in the series has two wires that go into the same connector. I am missing this wire and need to make it from scratch, unless someone has a spare I can buy.

See this post from @HWYCRZR for a photo of what I'm talking about. It's the Packard connector on the horn closest to the radiator.

[/URL]​

The easiest way is to buy a connector for #10 wire. Your horn wire is #16 gauge and ~.050" dia. #10 wire is ~.100" dia. It will fit... It might take a little patience to feed both wires into the connector, but it will work.

If you are not worried about keeping the factory insulators, buy a small pack of connectors, the yellow insulated ones are #10-12. I often pull the insulator off and use a piece of heat shrink for a neater appearance. If you want to use a factory insulator, the connectors are going to be harder to find and I don't have a good source for you. That will also probably be an open barrel connector and you'll need the correct crimper and even more patience.

What I did a couple times, because I didn't have a larger connector, was to solder two wires into an open barrel connector. Generally speaking, I don't like to solder wire connectors on, but that's another discussion.

Back