Us Mopar Guys Need to Stick Together

MONC440

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass this on that there are still some cool people out there. I met a really cool old Mopar guy this week and turns out he is only 15 miles from me.

So I listed my 72 Duster drag car roller up on MP for a good price and of course I had bunch of messages, anyway the guy that came and looked at it first wanted something to restore and this old Duster has been a drag car since the mid 90's and it is "good from far but far from good' typical drag car so he didn't buy it, and that was a blessing because the next guy that came was an older Mopar guy. He came with a trailer, cash, and didn't try to talk me down at all. Anyway we talked for about an hour after loading the car and I was showing him my Fury and he said he had a 69 convertible so I asked if he had any rear side door panels and he said he thought he did. He called me that night and said he found them. The next day I go to his place and OH MY GOD, this guy must bleed Mopar engine oil because he had the 69 Fury fully restored but also had a 69 Barracuda, 62 Valiant, 63 Savoy, 64 Fury, 64 Valiant convertible, a crazy 69 Road Runner on a Dodge 4x4 chassis and a fully restored 70 AAR Cuda. The guy was great and showed me all his projects and I spent about 3 hours at his house. He showed me the side panels for the fury and they were almost in perfect shape, just a few scuffs, they are not the exact correct ones but they are green and will be great for my project. I ask what he wanted for them and he said I could have them if I could use them. I told him I had to give him something for them and he just said "no, us Mopar guys need to stick together". Great guy!

Just wanted to pass this on that there are still some cool people out there. I met a really cool old Mopar guy this week and turns out he is only 15 miles from me.

So I listed my 72 Duster drag car roller up on MP for a good price and of course I had bunch of messages, anyway the guy that came and looked at it first wanted something to restore and this old Duster has been a drag car since the mid 90's and it is "good from far but far from good' typical drag car so he didn't buy it, and that was a blessing because the next guy that came was an older Mopar guy. He came with a trailer, cash, and didn't try to talk me down at all. Anyway we talked for about an hour after loading the car and I was showing him my Fury and he said he had a 69 convertible so I asked if he had any rear side door panels and he said he thought he did. He called me that night and said he found them. The next day I go to his place and OH MY GOD, this guy must bleed Mopar engine oil because he had the 69 Fury fully restored but also had a 69 Barracuda, 62 Valiant, 63 Savoy, 64 Fury, 64 Valiant convertible, a crazy 69 Road Runner on a Dodge 4x4 chassis and a fully restored 70 AAR Cuda. The guy was great and showed me all his projects and I spent about 3 hours at his house. He showed me the side panels for the fury and they were almost in perfect shape, just a few scuffs, they are not the exact correct ones but they are green and will be great for my project. I ask what he wanted for them and he said I could have them if I could use them. I told him I had to give him something for them and he just said "no, us Mopar guys need to stick together". Great guy!
Are you in the Detroit area? You both sound like great guys!

We need more people like that!

I know one Mopar guy locally I'd drop anything to go help out, but not a lot of others in the area.

Jackson, been there. Had ice cream at a place connected to the dairy. I attempted to eat a Dare to be great Junior. I came up 2 scoops short.
Yeah it’s called the parlor. Great place for fresh ice cream. We had a guy in our car club that tried to eat a dare to be great (21 scoops of ice cream) and he almost got it down……almost. Lol

Back