Vintage Schwinn Bikes

The_Eagles’_Nest

Reaction score
I saved a 1978 Schwinn suburban from the garbage man. It looks right at home with my Imperials.

All it needs is a shifter cable and a brake cable. Yes, I know it’s a women’s bike, but it’s still cool as hell.

IMG_1623.jpeg

I have a handful of Schwinn bicycles.

Cotton Picker (Krate series, white)
Traveler and Le Tour road bikes (late 70s)
And a couple 90s mountain bikes.

Alan

I have a handful of Schwinn bicycles.

Cotton Picker (Krate series, white)
Traveler and Le Tour road bikes (late 70s)
And a couple 90s mountain bikes.

Alan

The Travelers are excellent bikes. When they first showed up in the assembly area, we thought they were junk compared to the Schwinn tanks. We soon learned otherwise.

I saved a 1978 Schwinn suburban from the garbage man. It looks right at home with my Imperials.

All it needs is a shifter cable and a brake cable. Yes, I know it’s a women’s bike, but it’s still cool as hell.

View attachment 678431
That's very cool. Being a '78, that meant it was still made in Chicago.

I have an '80 Schwinn Continental that I picked up in a junk store. It has the 26" tall seat tube, and that makes for a very tall bike... Almost too tall for me, but I could still ride it. I can't ride it now because of my fused neck (I can't tip my head up far enough) so I'm going to give it to a friend.

I have an '80 Schwinn Continental that I picked up in a junk store. It has the 26" tall seat tube, and that makes for a very tall bike... Almost too tall for me, but I could still ride it. I can't ride it now because of my fused neck (I can't tip my head up far enough) so I'm going to give it to a friend.
I love anything made in USA. I would rather buy or save old classic stuff than buy new throw away items.

Put Suburban handlebars on it.

I've got two Schwinn 10 speed bikes stored in the barn for the last 45 years. Don't ride anymore. Bought them around 1970-72.

I have 2 1980 Schwinn beach cruisers (his & hers) one 5 speed and one fixed gear.
A Lemon peeler, done up as a Grey Ghost.
A 1980 mini scrambler, I pulled out of the dump. Great bikes!
A road bike, bought new sept. 9 2011. still new
Diamond back mountain bike.
2 DG BMX project bikes from 79,80

Last edited:
Back