Wanted Outer Door Handle 3695750

GOREO

Reaction score
Looking for 2 outer door handles for my 78 Newport. Part # 3695750. Must be excellent condition. Used on 74-78 Newport/ New Yorkers.
1724810490209.png
1724810430147.png

The only source that I could find is amsnos.com with that part in stock. Call them and either Jeff or Anthony will be able to inspect the part and give you an accurate description of its condition in case there might be any shelf wear at all and then give you a price. I do not know whether they have more than one or not, but they will inform you if they have 2 of them.

Last edited:
The only source that I could find is amsnos.com with that part in stock. Call them and either Jeff or Anthony will be able to inspect the part and give you an accurate description of its condition in case there might be any shelf wear at all and then give you a price. I do not know whether they have more than one or not, but they will inform you if they have 2 of them.
Thanks so much for that information, I have 2 nos ones, just need 2 more. Maybe it's me, but the chrome on my 78 doesn't seem like as good quality compared to my 68 Dart.

Thanks so much for that information, I have 2 nos ones, just need 2 more. Maybe it's me, but the chrome on my 78 doesn't seem like as good quality compared to my 68 Dart.
It wasn't.

In 1978 Chrysler knew very well that it was going broke and had no money to spend on a new formal design. Everything on those models was thrifted to the max and lean burn problems relative to very poor driveability especially during cold starts was the last straw. They finally did go broke in 1980. I was in Central Engineering at the time and it was a very sad ending compared to the health of the Corporation when I began working for it in 1969. However I did get to see what were the best years of Chrysler Corporation in the early 70s. The fuselage models were designed very well and are my favorites but I also liked the Forward Look models as well that came before them.

Virgil Exner was the chief designer for the Forward Look models with a variety of fin designs at the rear and began working for Chrysler before those 1955 models. But the very stylish Forward Look ended in 1961 when a stylist from Ford, Elwood Engel introduced his 1961 Lincoln Continental. It was a real hit in the market place and first introduced the fuselage look. Elwood Engle was hired by Chrysler just after those Lincoln models came out and he was the chief stylist of Chrysler's fuselage models as well.

So how many door handles did you get from amsnos? Your first post said you needed 2 like new ones and now you say you need a total of 4? What am I missing???

So how many door handles did you get from amsnos? Your first post said you needed 2 like new ones and now you say you need a total of 4? What am I missing???
I'll be contacting them tomorrow, busy day here. Trying to get 2, patience is a virtue looking for parts.

Back