Welcome Pat Du Bois to FCBO!

Pat Du Bois

Reaction score
In the mid 90s I went looking for a Plymouth Fury, really wanted a 72 ... but I found a 65 and it was running. I opened the hood and my soon to be wife said "ohhh, what's it missing?" ... I said the E.P.A. It was my daily driver for almost 5 years until 1999. Sat in my garage for 15 years, the engine blew soon after I took it out ... found a new old stock LA series 318 to replace the Poly 318 (which I have kept) ... and the car runs great now ... like new ... but it looks like hell. Need to do something about the seats and I want a rear bumper that doesn't look brand new. It's a 2 door hardtop Fury III. Electric bench front seat. It's my daily driver again!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Pics please!

:welcome:

Yes, pics please. If it's ready, you should take it to Chrysler's at Carlisle, 1 1/2 hours or so right?

welcome , from sunny calif . and hey their are some folks that are making big torque n hp with poly 318 with an la 4'' stroker cranks some head work and a four carb or more carbs . there making more torque then the same combo in a la version .

Hell yeah I drive it in the winter ... this aint no show car! and thanks so much for the replies ... I have a pic or two on this computer
15259563_183666058765455_744112771862140692_o.jpg

20161102_171417.jpg
In the mid 90s I went looking for a Plymouth Fury, really wanted a 72 ... but I found a 65 and it was running. I opened the hood and my soon to be wife said "ohhh, what's it missing?" ... I said the E.P.A. It was my daily driver for almost 5 years until 1999. Sat in my garage for 15 years, the engine blew soon after I took it out ... found a new old stock LA series 318 to replace the Poly 318 (which I have kept) ... and the car runs great now ... like new ... but it looks like hell. Need to do something about the seats and I want a rear bumper that doesn't look brand new. It's a 2 door hardtop Fury III. Electric bench front seat. It's my daily driver again!

20161102_171417.jpg

mirrorfury.jpg
it's still pretty .... the paint is shot ... cant afford a real paint job ... going to paint the roof nice and maybe clear coat the body as it looks kind of cool as it is ... really the best thing about it is the ride .. you guys know there is nothing like it. It's the only car that I have had that I totally dig driving slow .... still I do floor it about a dozen times a day .... love when it drops a gear ... love the way it shifts.

1996Fury.jpg

This was in 1996 ... see the shine? I used it for my wedding car ... transmission oil makes it shine ("honey, don't get yer gown on the car" ... she didn't) .... the car is solid. I did need a piece of frame rail, a guy went into his junkyard, lifted an old fury with his older wrecker, crawled under the car in the rain and cut a 2 foot section out for me .... he let me grab knobs and any little crap I wanted ... I asked how much? He said thirty bucks. Pennsylvania is cool. My metal fabricator buddy told me an oil leak from that old poly 318 did a nice job preserving much of that car ... it just couldn't hit that little spot of frame rail. Before I put it away I squirt wd 40 in any crack I could find and sprayed everything underneath. It's really in good shape considering nothng has even been done to it. Now there's a touch of rot behind the skirt ... but not much ... gunna pack it with grease.

welcome , from sunny calif . and hey their are some folks that are making big torque n hp with poly 318 with an la 4'' stroker cranks some head work and a four carb or more carbs . there making more torque then the same combo in a la version .
Yeah, I have heard things about the old Poly ... I have the space for it and the wife hates the idea of it ... so keeping it really was a win win.

la series 318.jpg
this is an LA Series 318 from 1975, they guy who put it in for me painted it orange without asking me ... he did a nice job as far as the fabricating goes ... no big deal ... it was blue and that would have been cool to just leave it like it was.

I found the engine on craigslist ... this guy;s father bought it back in 1975 to put in a camper ... he never did and 40 years later I bought it in it's original crate. The original engine in my Fury was the poly 318 (which I still have) ... I didn't want anything faster ... it really does drive beautifully. Right now on the car everything works (not the clock, the radio, or reverse lights though) ... until the next thing goes ... still fixing this thing periodically is cheaper than a new car. I had a 2000 Chrysler Concord, I had to buy new horns for it every couple of years ... the horns in this car are 50 years old and they sound awesome.

Jumper cables? Yeah I have em, and a spare battery, hoses, tools, all manner of fluids, couple gallons of gas ... wires and stuff Im really not sure I could ID, bumper jack? yeah, but I got a floor jack and stands too ... and there's still room in the trunk for the groceries. and yeah I have AAA with 150 mile towing.

Last edited:
Back