Went for pretty good money

see2xu

Reaction score
1970 Plymouth Sport Suburban Station Wagon

Went and bid on this. It's not quite as nice as the images, or the video, but still a pretty nice survivor. I would've reached at $30 including buyer's premium, it went for about $10 past my limit. This auction focuses on low-mileage, unaltered cars. Hard to establish a pattern, lots of stuff went WAY below what I would have thought, but there were some that went at what I would consider "market".

Auctions America doesn't post results, but the '58 Belvedere vert with the dual quad 354 brought $75 + buyer's premium, so pretty much all the money. The '61 Polara, though, was a no sale in the low-$20s.

thats one of the coolest wagons ive ever seen!!

Screenshot_20240601_175244_Samsung Internet.jpg

The write up says it has been repainted.
Ten years ago I'd have never thought 30 k for C bodies .

View attachment 663979

The write up says it has been repainted.
Ten years ago I'd have never thought 30 k for C bodies .
Oh, I guess I jotted down the last "ask" price. 8% buyer's premium, so $37,800 total. Yeah, in the YouTube video, the prior owner says they'd repainted the roof and hood, he believed it had been owned by someone in a rural area with gravel roads.

As is always the case, the car wasn't QUITE as nice up close as it appeared in the video or the auction album. Still, a really nice example, and unmolested.

A lot of cars went for what I'd have called "below market", but there were some gems that brought full value. Hard to set a price for this car, not like they change hands often, and few were as highly optioned as this one.

I've been feeling like getting prices are coming down.
Asking prices are still high.

Back