Went to a Car Show Today - Only C Body was Mine (as usual)

Bryan

Reaction score
Lots of nice cars and several Mopars, but the ony C body was our 65. DSCF5441.jpgDSCF5443.jpgDSCF5442.jpgDSCF5444.jpgDSCF5445.jpgDSCF5451.jpgDSCF5455.jpgDSCF5459.jpg

DSCF5441.jpg

DSCF5443.jpg

DSCF5442.jpg

DSCF5444.jpg

DSCF5445.jpg

DSCF5451.jpg

DSCF5455.jpg

DSCF5459.jpg

Unfortunately typical that there was a low C body turn out. That 70 Dodge pick up is the standout of the "other" Mopars in the field.

Some nice iron there, yours is my favorite but I like that 55 ford two door wagon.

Unfortunately typical that there was a low C body turn out.
If everybody wanted a C, then the prices would go out of sight and we couldn't afford them.
I like being on the advantageous side of Supply & Demand.

That Dodge Pick Up was some old guys drive to town vehicle. It has 55000 miles on it and looks like it just drove off the showroom floor. The current owner is the same guy that owns that 1970 Newport that belonged to a school and had never been titled. He didn't have the Newport at the show but said it has 1500 =/- miles on it now. The AMC Javelin took second for Best in Show. First was a semi customized bright tangerine 67 Shelby GT 350 that looked overdone and kind of fake to me. The Road Runner is really nice. Easily the best car there/ It is a really high dollar/detail restoration done with almost all NOS parts. The owner is a retired co-worker and has a room full of trophies with the car. He is also one of those guys who is not afraid to drive a car that nice. It's not a trailer queen.

Last edited:
There is a slab fury that pops in around here from time to time, along with a 49 and a 54 New Yorker, so once in a blue moon I'm not the only C.

Am I the only one that thinks Javelins are the ugliest damn cars ever?

I can stomach the AMX, but the Javelin is just too much.........I can appreciate them, I just happen to think they are ugly.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Catfish
Am I the only one that thinks Javelins are the ugliest damn cars ever?

Stormer;985 Nope[/QUOTE said:
1970_amc_javelin_sst_in_bitter_sweet_orange.jpg

Depends on the model year. What color do you see here Dave btw ? :)

1970_amc_javelin_sst_in_bitter_sweet_orange.jpg

The Volare Road Runner looks a bit better, but I wouldn't want to own it, except if the only other choice was some new car.

There's a "THANKS" button right below.:

I pushed the button right below and came up with this; shouldn't it say "below left ?"
Nice Lincoln btw. Tag lines change every week. :)

Last edited:
I went to a cruise night the other evening. Out of 276 cars, all brands, there was 5 or 6 C Body Mopars. Sorry didn't have a camera and my phone's camera decided to take a dump. I remember 4... 65 Fury vert, 70 Fury vert, 68 Newport Custom 2dr and my 70 300 vert.

Three verts to one hardtop, young guys must think everyone bought convertibles back in the day.

Back