What key?

HappyJack

Reaction score
I have a 67 Fury III convertible. It came with one set of keys. But I’m not sure I have the “right” type of ignition key. I expected a Pentastar shaped key like this. IMG_0406.jpeg
I thought this style of key started 65-67ish
But the keys I got look like this…

IMG_0405.jpeg

Are these correct for 67 Fury? Or are my keys recut keys or maybe spare keys, not originals?

It really make no difference, I’m just curious.

Not sure if this helps, but the keys for my ‘65 Sport Fury & my former ‘67 300 both look like the bottom picture. I bought the 300 from the original owner & both sets looked like that.

The keys you have look exactly like my '68 Chrysler keys. In my experience, the pentastar key was used on Dodges. I'm not sure what Plymouth used.

my 68 fury is a mix and match of various parts cars so no clue what's original...my ignition is like the upper one and my door is like the bottom...but the point I'm trying to get to is that the door key goes right in the ignition switch...so I think they are both the same blank with 2 different head styles

This may help: Keys

One thing to watch for is the early keys have different grooves, so it can't be just any Mopar blank.

Back