Will this be a problem?

Leviathan

Reaction score
I recently replaced the heater core in my 67 Chrysler Newport Custom 4 door sedan. It went easier than I expected except for finding the terminal on the Heater Vacuum Switch. It took me days but finally got it and she is working great but...the hose for the blower motor called the Blower Motor Vent Hose, fell off when removing the heater box and after replacing everything when I reinstalled the heater box it fell off again. Is the short hose really necessary? Can I get it back in without removing the heater box again?

Thanks for feedback.

Only of the rubber hose out of place on the floor in front of my passenger seat but on another heating core post it was shown where it was supposed to be. Not sure if it is shown in the service manual but I can check.
1727713575603.png

This is it. it was on another post that I was reading hope I didn't do anything wrong in just copying and pasting the photo.

It's there for a reason. Chrysler, GM, or otherwise, they all use one similar to that.

Kind of a universal-fit item, but they should be in repro. The motor end just pushes in and locks. What @GOLDMYN mentions could work, too.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Yes put it on, use black silicone on the ends. Doubt you can get to it with box bolted up. Now unbolt the box and remove the coolant hoses to move it off the firewall to access it. Leave the cables on. But a box or blocks of wood under the heater box so it doesn't fall to the floor.

Back