You fusie guys are going to love this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Except the rims:BangHead:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/4311065952.html

image.jpg

I'm not a big fan of these square, mid 70s front, but this one looks great! Except the rims, of course!

Gorgeous but I have to agree with Julian about the front end. There's just no comparison between that & the Imp.

Ditto. I'm not fond of the "squared" front end either on the 73's. The body says "fuselage", but then you get to the front and it looks as if its trying to morph into the "formal" look. Plymouth was doing that in 73' also with the Fury. Don't know what they were thinking but whatever. It's STILL a cool looking car that I wouldn't kick out of my garage (I'd toss those crappy rims tho for sure).

ok... I have to ask. Why this thread? I don't know... But here goes.

Why do you guys get soooooo hung up on wheels? They're easily replaceable, twenty nuts off, twenty nuts back on and the look would be more to your taste. It's not like the guy hacked up the body with mustang side scoops or transplanted a small block chevy in to the engine bay.

I agree they're ugly and don't fit the car but not something I'd complain about. Or is that it, just something to complain about?

I would think the ill fitting lower trim and door gaps of more interest.

You MOPAR people need this in your collection because I doubt you have one.
You're right. I don't have one. But that's not the reason I need THIS one. For the money, there are way more desirable others asking me to take them home and put them in my Hummel display.

Why do you guys get soooooo hung up on wheels?

Because the price is usually jacked up by the obscene amount the seller has put into the "urban enhancements" known as "ghetto wheels". I don't want to pay his amount based on ugly-assed wheels. Now, if the originals were still available by the seller, and he'd be willing to come down significantly on the price by keeping his ugly-assed China wheels, then that changes things.

This would be my least favorite year of this generation but you don't see them very often at all and this one is the right color combo and seems to be in fine shape. I'm pretty sure the seller will read this so I'll say it, nice car and best of luck with the sale, oh and what were you thinking with those rims??? Not doing it any favors....

Car was just on ebay with $10,000 buy it now. I seen that car about 2 yrs ago on Detroit CL for $4500. Ebay had more pics of it, looks to have been a bit crusty down low at one time.

Because the price is usually jacked up by the obscene amount the seller has put into the "urban enhancements" known as "ghetto wheels". I don't want to pay his amount based on ugly-assed wheels. Now, if the originals were still available by the seller, and he'd be willing to come down significantly on the price by keeping his ugly-assed China wheels, then that changes things.

Seems to me, the guy is trying to pass this long based on its claimed originality/rarity. Based off that, I would think using the current wheels as the place to quickly knock off dollar signs since the wheels detract from that originality.

Me personally I just like to complain about whatever happens by. I think it is a truck driver thing sit in the truck complaining about 4 wheelers other truck drivers shippers whatever.

ok... I have to ask. Why this thread? I don't know... But here goes.

Why do you guys get soooooo hung up on wheels? They're easily replaceable, twenty nuts off, twenty nuts back on and the look would be more to your taste. It's not like the guy hacked up the body with mustang side scoops or transplanted a small block chevy in to the engine bay.

I agree they're ugly and don't fit the car but not something I'd complain about. Or is that it, just something to complain about?

I would think the ill fitting lower trim and door gaps of more interest.

Well some what true about the wheels. Counter argument is what happens if I want the original steel wheels that came with the car and the wheel covers? What if he got rid of them? Then what? Sourcing those parts could be very difficult. I know it would out here in California since those were never big sellers back then and most yards are devoid of anything farther back than the mid-80's. Older than that is usually pickups.

I agree that discussing the obvious is a waste of time, wheels etc. I am more interested in how great these cars are to just get in and drive! sometimes a gangster car is exactly what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back