69 300 hubcaps

they are sharp looking covers for sure - the set I bought was intended to give me different look options- so this was an educational post to see that they were available for all Chryslers - I couldn’t get over their weight and number of parts put together to make a hubcap as opposed to the stainless steel option-

Here's a couple pics. I didn't like the 3 side stripes the car is suppose to have so I added one on top of the sides.

IMG_20240510_082223766_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240510_082200607_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240510_082136481_HDR.jpg

She’s a beauty for sure! Gold just really sets all the black off nicely. Did you detail the grill yourself? I did mine and found the masking steps for each color to be very laborious. And yes to your use of pinstripe on the upper body line. Mine came with those, but I’ve often considered alternative designs. Currently I’m working on replacing the power steering pump and having to educate myself on all that entails- i.e. federal vs saganaw (sp)? Etc.
Perhaps there’ll be a show mid way between us one day Virginia/North Carolina and we’ll have the cars side by side!

Last edited:
So somewhere around south Boston might be a possibility- I see something coming up in Danville on June 8th but that’s a long ride for you no doubt - just have to stay on the look out- I know nearly nothing about VA- lol other than the transportation museum in Roanoke and Monticello

So somewhere around south Boston might be a possibility- I see something coming up in Danville on June 8th but that’s a long ride for you no doubt - just have to stay on the look out- I know nearly nothing about VA- lol other than the transportation museum in Roanoke and Monticello
Well it would be about 1.5 hours each. Haha.
Let's see how things go. First week on the road for 25 years for my car but runs great.

And in complete honesty my car runs great but I’ve never driven it more than 30 minutes each way … and then there’s that thing and that other thing I’ve been meaning to get to

Very nice car. Here is my original hubcaps. They are 3 piece and about 12 lbs each. Yours look like new Yorker caps.

View attachment 660009

The wheel covers shown above were optional on any model of Chrysler in both 1970 and 1971. If one wanted to install them on a 1969 model, it wouldn't bother me. While they are heavy and somewhat intricate, I believe they look great and because they are so desirable, if you can even find a set in good condition anymore, they will also be very expensive to buy.

The part book shows all the wheel covers pictured. The one that has 300 on it is the only one shown for that car.

Yes you can put another one for a Chrysler on it but I do not think they came from the factory with anything other than the 300 one.

DSC_0008 - Copy (3).JPG

Back