2024 Hot Rod Power Tour

I never saw this, but if you're hanging in Indy and don't mind spending a few bucks the basement tour at the speedway is really cool.
I was thinking of jetting down on Friday in Indy but I don't think I'm going to be able to

It was raining (petty bad) when we checked in for early credentials. Walked around the lot a bit in the rain when it let up a bit, seems like a great mix of cars. Tomorrow weather is going to be nice, will post some pictures.

I never saw this, but if you're hanging in Indy and don't mind spending a few bucks the basement tour at the speedway is really cool.
I was thinking of jetting down on Friday in Indy but I don't think I'm going to be able to
Thanks, we are going to try and make a pass or 2 at Indy (when am I ever going to get a chance to make a pass at that track). Honestly from last year experience Friday kind of dwindles quick because a lot of people grab their long haul goody bag and bolt for home. If you were really local sure.

Well did not get to see a train street driving, we will try again after Louisville KY stop.
Saw a couple of Chrysler wagons at check in
PXL_20240609_193452596.jpg

Then this guy have a time on the autocross course
PXL_20240610_155720978.jpg
PXL_20240610_155726569.jpg

My son's car running good. If we are around this thing say hi
PXL_20240610_192306302.jpg

Day 2 in Nashville. Getting in and out of that place is a mess. Thousands of cars and one single file line to get in. Through the dirt/dust, if we were in a shiny car I be a bit pissed. Not much to see, or do. Autocross you can only see one corner. Looked like a nice course for participants.
Met up with a friend and had dinner, so that was nice.

Day 3 Louisville KY: basically in a stadium parking lot. These are not usually exciting. We decided to put son's car on dyno. No tweaking really, bumped the timing a couple of degrees and pulled the air filter.
Screenshot_20240612-190230.png
Screenshot_20240613-075210.png

Did better than I thought for a $200 core with a cam and intake. Basically 370hp and 431tq I'll take that.
Then went back to La Grange KY ate dinner @ 119 cafe right on main street, excellent place and people. Best part as we were just getting back to the car, "what's that noise?" A train! Yes, got to see the whole 10 min train rolling down main street.
Screenshot_20240613-073235.png

Day 4: National trail raceway. Lot of drag racing going on. They were really pumping everyone through. Good job to the parking /staff they bought us in multiple gates, double file and slotted us in very good. I went up to a group of them and let them know, thank you, now go down to Nashville super speedway and teach them. Got a laugh from some other long haulers around that dealt with that debacle.
Went to Jegs store to get some advance springs, to bring in centrifugal advance earlier for some better fuel mileage. Since car has overdrive and 3.23 it needs mechanical quicker in the 2k rpm range, but I did not want to pull heavy spring and have it all in at 1900 rpm, more like all in 2500.
Driving around town we lost the starter relay (car would not start) jumped terminals on starter it's fine checked powers and ground all good. Damn Chinese parts. Found one at O' Reilly, swap it in am.

When you have the time please post and let us know if you thought the whole thing was worthwhile.
I cannot stress enough how much I enjoy this event. Honestly if I had to choose between Carlisle and Hot Rod Power Tour, I would probably choose Power Tour. I know that's blasphemy, but it is just that good. The Nats hands down would choose Power Tour.
Day 5: off to IRP (home to US Nationals). My son and I both wanted to make a pass down this famous strip. He made 2 passes (his only passes he has ever made) I made 1 pass, very cool to be able to do that. Auto cross and drag strip is no charge beyond the entry.
Car ran a 14.50@ 100+ mph
60' was high 2 second, trying not to break our ride home with clutch sidestep.
Saturday morning went to US Air Force National museum @Wright Patterson A.F. base. Absolutely worth the time, wish I had all day to spend there, but wanted to get home, and not way after dark.
Yes, I would recommend it, and the museum. The extra curricular activities like train on main street, air force museum, catching up with a old friend en route.

Back