8th Annual C Body Show - June 22nd

What'll you have on tap? I can stop over for a bit but, it depends what time my brother gets to my house from Indiana.
I can stop by and pick up some cold drinks.

FWIW, I'll want to have a bite too after the long drive: Frankie's Pizzeria looks good and they seem to like old cars, so our little caravan will stop by the shop, then go eat at Frankie's for pizza (with you assuming you have time, and @LocuMob / @sixpkrt if they have already arrived), and then go back to the shop to cool off?

As of today, the '66 Fury is running! I won't have a booster or brakes but am still considering trailering it down. @sixpkrt could you ask your IRM contact if I could drive the truck and trailer inside and unload it there and then do the same to load it later? I'd rather not have to drive all the way around from the parking lot and back without brakes, especially later with other visitors all over. It might be best if you don't tell them the car doesn't have brakes though....maybe just tell them the car just got started for the first time on Wednesday and isn't reliable yet...

If the Fury doesn't end up making it, I think we have a plan C car that should fit the c-body theme reasonably well...plan C because the '59 DeSoto I brought last year is also down waiting on the starter to come back from the rebuilder.

Hmm, I've never done the pre party, maybe? I would probably take the Durango though

@Fireflite56 , you can unload your Fury in the parking lot, and drive it in under its own power at a slow enough pace that you won't have to worry about having no brakes.
The parking lot is right next to where the show field is located, so it won't be too far to find a spot for the Fury.
If need be, I'm sure some attendees can push the car in if we need to.
The IRM won't be policing what we do at the show.
They've got enough going on with their own Trolley Show event, so no worries with needing their approval for what you need to do to get your car situated.
Stop by the pop up tent when you arrive. I'm sure we can find some people to help you out.

@Fireflite56 , you can unload your Fury in the parking lot, and drive it in under its own power at a slow enough pace that you won't have to worry about having no brakes.
The parking lot is right next to where the show field is located, so it won't be too far to find a spot for the Fury.
If need be, I'm sure some attendees can push the car in if we need to.
The IRM won't be policing what we do at the show.
They've got enough going on with their own Trolley Show event, so no worries with needing their approval for what you need to do to get your car situated.
Stop by the pop up tent when you arrive. I'm sure we can find some people to help you out.
My experience with the Vintage Transport Extravaganza show in August was that they make you drive all the way down to the other end and then come back around, so that was why I asked. If it's a short distance, then it should be no problem.

I can stop by and pick up some cold drinks.

FWIW, I'll want to have a bite too after the long drive: Frankie's Pizzeria looks good and they seem to like old cars, so our little caravan will stop by the shop, then go eat at Frankie's for pizza (with you assuming you have time, and @LocuMob / @sixpkrt if they have already arrived), and then go back to the shop to cool off?
What's the relative timing of all that?

Got some new shoes for the Polara.

PXL_20240620_142746002.jpg

With just 24 hours before the C Body Show, and final preparations are being made for the drive, I hope everyone has a safe trip to Union Illinois for the C Body Show this year.
Post lots of pics and vids guys!
I'm sure lots of pics will be posted to this thread from attendees. We'll even have some aerial drone shots, courtesy of @Xenon

When you arrive, be sure to register your vehicle at my pop-up tent.
You'll be given a display card to fill out with details on your ride to place on your windshield.
At the same time, you'll get your food ticket as well as the raffle ticket for the prizes that'll be given away around 2:00PM.

Just before the raffle, we all need to gather together for the group picture.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.
Tim

Buttercup picked up two Chrysler friends going to Tim’s show. Here she is refueling with @david hill’s 1970 300 Hurst and @73 New Yorker´s Brougham.

IMG_2802.jpeg

Last edited:
Adding Poppy, my 1970 Polara ´vert, to the list. She was inside while @sixpkrt was photographing her cousins outside.

IMG_2806.jpeg

Here’s a photo at sunset, after some shuffling of the cars. Ming, my JA5 1973 NYB, is now parked up front with Buttercup, my GY4 1972 NYB. @71Polara383 ´s 1970 FQ3 Polara wagon is behind Ming.

IMG_2815.jpeg

Back