a bit of help please with 727 transmission

well hell.

I was on here googlin for transmission dipsticks. and this post posted up in the search.

I need a transmission dipstick. well, I could rebuild mine. I REALLY need the rubber grommet thingy at the top of the stick.

I think.

I had the car running, in neutral, block on the front wheel, up to temp, to check the transmission fluid. I yank the stick out, and something solid falls off the end of the stick.

so I shut the car off, and look around, and there is a dried up grommet looking thing on the ground, and a little metal tab thing that just fits onto the stick.

I didn't expect it to disintegrate in my hand... can someone post a pic so I can see what fell off?

can a guy get just the grommet thing?

they want $50 for an aftermarket stick + tube, and I don't really want to change the tube.

can I stick a tennis ball on it and call it good?

- saylor

Basically keeps dirt and dust, bugs, out of tube and trans. Flat rubber washer would do the same job see what you can find at hardware store.

Are we talking about the grommet that seals the bottom of the dip stick tube to the transmission case?

ya just the stick. i think :)

there is some rubber gasket / grommet thing under the cap, or surrounding the cap?

i dont really know what it looked like before it fell apart,, i wasnt expecting that, so i really wasnt paying attention..

Like I said more for keeping crap out than anything in. If something starts coming out the top of the tube something is not right.:)

Back