Headers for 64 Dodge 880

Srkohl71

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m new here. I could use some help. Looking at some of the information on the web the C body line started in 65, but I have been told my 64 880 custom is a C body. This is making finding a set of headers for it difficult. It’s a 383 car, if anyone can help please reply. Is this actually a C body, and has anyone put a set of headers on one of these cars successfully?

IMG_0913.jpeg

Technically it is NOT a C body since the C body platform started in 65. Your 64 Dodge and my 64 Chrysler New Yorker are a unibody design. We get lumped in with the C body platforms for ease. As far as headers go, trust me, I've been down this road, and there aren't any. The only ways to go are either to get an exhaust shop to custom fab something (expensive), or if you're looking into shorty headers - you can do what I did and buy these cheapy stainless steels off eBay or the Sanderson versions for twice the cost, and coat them. The passenger side did require some "finessing" on one of the tubes to get it to fit next to the control arm, but they work.
1718195764710.png

Mikedrini thanks for the reply, I was afraid of that but I really appreciate the response. Did you see any performance differences with the shorties? This car has some aftermarket exhaust manifolds on it now, it might not be worth the cost and aggravation of changing them. I’m pulling the six pack that’s on it now and putting a Holley sniper EFI on it, so im sure im going to have to put an O2 sensor in it that would be the only thing that might make it worth doing if I can find shorties with the O2 port. Thanks again for the response

Mikedrini thanks for the reply, I was afraid of that but I really appreciate the response. Did you see any performance differences with the shorties? This car has some aftermarket exhaust manifolds on it now, it might not be worth the cost and aggravation of changing them. I’m pulling the six pack that’s on it now and putting a Holley sniper EFI on it, so im sure im going to have to put an O2 sensor in it that would be the only thing that might make it worth doing if I can find shorties with the O2 port. Thanks again for the response
No problem. Not really to be honest, more for aesthetics than anything else. I do have an AFR gauge on mine that I drilled into the down pipe for the o2 sensor (not the shorty tubes). The gains in headers from what I've read are more for racers than street/strip cruisers, especially given our big ol C body boats, so I don't think you'll "feel" much difference than what you have now honestly.

Back