HELP 1966 sport fury factory front disc brake parts

What will that accomplish. Nothing. I'm smart enough to know a 2015 Ford Taurus fender can't be made to fit a 59 Edsel without even touching it. Then you ask why the Ford fender can't be used on an Edsel. You come here for help knowing nothing and then argue over the help you're given. We've given you facts, reasons, sources, and literally step by step instructions on what to do. AFAIAC, you're on your own from this point.

Ok, smart guy, give me the specifics why, what, is the difference in using the 74 up disc brakes, to do a conversion?
You are evading the answer with some bs reply about differences with Ford and Edsel fenders.
Answer the question, WHY won't they fit.
Another poster states there are differences in ball joints.
Is that the difference? And only one?
You ever do the swap? to know what works, and doesn't?

Ok, smart guy, give me the specifics why, what, is the difference in using the 74 up disc brakes, to do a conversion?
You are evading the answer with some bs reply about differences with Ford and Edsel fenders.
Answer the question, WHY won't they fit.
Another poster states there are differences in ball joints.
Is that the difference? And only one?
You ever do the swap? to know what works, and doesn't?

Why not just take it on faith or go figure it out yourself and show us where he is wrong? I have lots of thoughts and ideas that aren't endorsed by everyone here. I either argue my own point or plan to try it myself someday... if I have success I will share... if I fail... well we will see.

Why not just take it on faith or go figure it out yourself and show us where he is wrong? I have lots of thoughts and ideas that aren't endorsed by everyone here. I either argue my own point or plan to try it myself someday... if I have success I will share... if I fail... well we will see.

Because there isn't a car available that needs the conversion done to it, or i would.
If someone can't give the specifics in why it won't work, other than saying it won't work, then they don't know either.

The tech article that i enclosed a link to, showed how someone did it on an early C body, but it worked for him.

Yes, i did read the article.

If there are aftermarket "kits" to get the swap done, then that's a bonus, in the engineering department for aftermarket parts.

in the engineering department for aftermarket parts.

Does that mean you're an engineer? I am a tech... well was... we don't have the same approach to problem solving. I have worked with engineers several times for several manufacturers. As a tech, we tend to measure a couple key dimensions and go "trail and error" after that. My most accurate tool after the fact would typically be an alignment system. and a tape measure.

Because there isn't a car available that needs the conversion done to it, or i would.
If someone can't give the specifics in why it won't work, other than saying it won't work, then they don't know either.

No dispute, they may have test fit and saw a problem and left it there. they may be working on the experience of others, and haven't even tried it themselves. But if you think about that's the same process you are using when you believe a written article (granted he has pictures) and relying on his experience as being fact and truly successful. If you are an engineer, you would have a knowledge of all the different critical geometry that a steering knuckle has designed into it and the effects of those angles on vehicle safety.
As a tech if I were to do this conversion, I would by all means avoid removing material from structural components and would find it surprising an engineer would endorse such an action. I would also use an alignment system to make sure caster, camber, steering axis inclination and included angle were not affected as these are all I have available to assure I haven't upset the handling qualities of the car before extensive test driving to assure nothing seems amiss.

How would you do this?

Does that mean you're an engineer? I am a tech... well was... we don't have the same approach to problem solving.

Engineer, nope. Mechanic yes, 30+ years.

70bigblockdodge was the only respondent to this thread that gave an honest reply, answer, to the inquiry to the interchangeabilty in the differences in the years of the parts.
That's the way it should be, with an answer.

i think the ball joints are different and the spindles are longer compared to the other - basically the geometry goes out the window. somewhere there is a picture of the spindles next to each other and you can see the differences.

you can probably hack/engineer something out of edsel parts. and make it work. but to keep the original/true geometry - you need those certain parts or you need a kit from ECI or scarebird, sbcc, etc.

i know in another post somewhere a dude took a grinder to the spindle and made it work.

i didnt want a hack job - i bought a bolt on kit.

everybody breathe.

- saylor

The tech article that i enclosed a link to, showed how someone did it on an early C body, but it worked for him.

That article DID NOT show how someone did it on an early C body.
That car was not a C-body. Or do I have to show you all the things that make it NOT a C-body.

That article DID NOT show how someone did it on an early C body.
That car was not a C-body. Or do I have to show you all the things that make it NOT a C-body.

Hey, Einstein, the tech article says a 61 Chrysler 300.
Isn't a 61 Chrysler a "C" body car? Then what is it?

If your superior knowledge is showing through, what car is the tech article written about then?

Hey, Einstein, the tech article says a 61 Chrysler 300.
Isn't a 61 Chrysler a "C" body car? Then what is it?

If your superior knowledge is showing through, what car is the tech article written about then?
A 1961 Chrysler is not a C-body.
Why don't you explain to me why you say it Is a C-body.
You're way smarter than me.

Let me take it one step further. Explain to me why a 1979 Chrysler New Yorker is not C-body.

Even further... Even you can see a 1974 Chrysler New Yorker hood will not fit a 1966 Chrysler New Yorker. Only an idiot would ask why not.

The more he thinks, the more he digs his hole deeper.

I don't know what your smokin, or what medications that you skipped taking, but I'm not asking about hoods, or fenders, or anything but brakes and suspension.
Stick to the topic, or shut up, and stay away from posting.
You don't know what your talking about, to give an answer, so just say you don't know.

Ok educate me.
What body stlye is a 61 Chrysler considered then.
Send me to college here.

Where is it written that i said a 79 New Yorker ia s C body?
Your writing false statements everywhere.

It is the last of the one size fits all way of doing things. The A bodies were introduced in 1960, the first gen B bodies in 1962, and the C body was introduced in 1965. I have no pro lem with fabbing but shining the spindle out from steering arm puts a lot of strain on those bolts, will it break, who knows but it is a concern.

It is the last of the one size fits all way of doing things. The A bodies were introduced in 1960, the first gen B bodies in 1962, and the C body was introduced in 1965. I have no pro lem with fabbing but shining the spindle out from steering arm puts a lot of strain on those bolts, will it break, who knows but it is a concern.

70bigblockdodge.
Thank you for giving me the heads up, on C body terminology, during the years.
I have always considered the big boats, C body, no matter what year they are, and when the official terminology started.
Thank's.

Engineer, nope. Mechanic yes, 30+ years.

70bigblockdodge was the only respondent to this thread that gave an honest reply, answer, to the inquiry to the interchangeabilty in the differences in the years of the parts.
That's the way it should be, with an answer.

I was a mechanic at the start of my career... when they told me I was now a technician... I had to learn to spell a new word.

70bigblockdodge.
Thank you for giving me the heads up, on C body terminology, during the years.
I have always considered the big boats, C body, no matter what year they are, and when the official terminology started.
Thank's.

70bigblockdodge is very knowledgeable... seems more like a tech than a truck driver IMO (meant as compliment)...

looks like young rancho cordoba and senior:yourock: commando have stopped fueding. i think stan won that one. lmao

looks like young rancho cordoba and senior:yourock: commando have stopped fueding. i think stan won that one. lmao

What did he win then?
The resident load mouth, know it all, keyboard commando, that gets a pat on the back from his supporters and member of the clique.

Stan is a Awesome Guy, He will seem Brash to Newcomers But once you get to know him he is Very Caring and Funny. Sorry you two got off on the Wrong foot but that is just the Way it is Sometimes.
Let's just Move on and Forgot about it.

Back