NEW '78 Chrysler thermoquads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Contact seller
While looking for a '59 Imperial carb., a man told me of this website in which they had NEW '78 thermoquads for $125. The company is AAAA Automotive which I fou

[h=1]New 78 Charger Magnum 4BBL Reman Carburetor[/h]$125

We purchased a huge inventory of obsolete remanufactured carburetors. This is for one Carter 4bbl LEANBURN Thermoquad carburetor that is the correct carburetor for 1978 Chrysler Cordoba , New Yorker , Newport , Dodge Charger , Magnum , Monaco , Plymouth Fury with a 400 V8 and an AUTOMATIC transmission. These were completely remanufactured and stored in a dry climate controlled warehouse since the early 1990′s so they are in great condition. These carbs are ready to install but must be installed by a trained carburetor Technician due to the fact that the final air mixture and other adjustments will need to be made. These remanufactured carburetors are sold as is with no warranty. If you have any questions about this or any of our listings please call or email us 903-546-0024. Thanks AAAA Automotive

Add to cart SKU: PV-484. Category: Remanufactured Carburetors.

[h=2]Related Products[/h]nd on google. I placed an order for myself and if anyone else is interested they can check the item out.

Thanks pete,I got one! I needed a nice one for my 77' Cordoba. The kit alone would be half that. I have to have faith that the reman was done properly.

Truthfully, on rebuilding these Rube Goldberg boxes, the only place I would trust is Scott Smith of Harms Automotive. He doesn't rebuild them. He restores them.

I'm done with Lean Burn and Thermoquads. Mopar electronic ignition and Eddie carbs for me from now on.

That isn't out of the question. If the carb doesn't do the trick, then an edelbrock Performer and 67' 440 AFB will be next.

I'm done with Lean Burn and Thermoquads. Mopar electronic ignition and Eddie carbs for me from now on.
I'm right behind ya, buddy. The money, research, and time I've put into this P.O.S. is not worth it. Still bogs/stumbles at a particular RPM. All I'm doing is moving that stumble up and down that RPM curve. The effin thing has no overlap.

P.S. $400.00 "restored" ThermoQuad with less than 1k miles For Sale soon. Best offer.

I had a Thermoquad on my new 73 Challenger. It worked great...I just couldn't get it to stop leaking gas. I ended up putting a Holley on it.

With these being described as "Leanburn" what differences does that imply within the carb versus non-Leanburn?

With these being described as "Leanburn" what differences does that imply within the carb versus non-Leanburn?

A Lean Burn carb is often missing the ported vacuum provision that is needed for the distributor on non-LB applications. You need to check, because depending on year the ported vacuum got re-purposed for other things (EGR etc.) and could be plumbed to the distributor.

Left turn it was. The carb that showed up was for a 1980 360 truck. I said,that is no 77-78 400 charger carb, it won't work on my Cordoba.
He did take it back, and refunded my payment.

Shameless redundant self promotion alert:
I have a Thermoquad restored by Scott Smith of Harms Auto with only 750 miles on it for sale.
Application: 1976 non lean burn 440.
Price dropping like a lead balloon.
Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Shameless redundant self promotion alert:
I have a Thermoquad restored by Scott Smith of Harms Auto with only 750 miles on it for sale.
Application: 1976 non lean burn 440.
Price dropping like a lead balloon.
Posted via Topify on Android

Is this still available?

Yes.
PM me if interested.

28uiq0o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back