Observations on Chryser’s second generation Lean Burn system

All these lean burn deletes work great with the one wire GM HEI ignition distributors available for big and small block Mopar's and with the 2-barrel ($75) and 4-barrel ($200) Ebay Chinese carbs selected for the 1970 cars.
The most recent one is a two-barrel 87 318 Fifth Ave that runs just like my 75 dart 318 that is stock other than a new 2-barrel 1970 carb. And the 75 Dart runs better than my 68 318 Dart.
They all have different rear gears. The 87 has 2.2 something, and still pulls good. No starting issues hot or cold. No hesitation at any throttle or rpm hot or cold.
What I'm saying is that these delete setups run REALLY good. Right out of the box.

All these lean burn deletes work great with the one wire GM HEI ignition distributors available for big and small block Mopar's and with the 2-barrel ($75) and 4-barrel ($200) Ebay Chinese carbs selected for the 1970 cars.
The most recent one is a two-barrel 87 318 Fifth Ave that runs just like my 75 dart 318 that is stock other than a new 2-barrel 1970 carb. And the 75 Dart runs better than my 68 318 Dart.
They all have different rear gears. The 87 has 2.2 something, and still pulls good. No starting issues hot or cold. No hesitation at any throttle or rpm hot or cold.
What I'm saying is that these delete setups run REALLY good. Right out of the box.
I must be the lucky one because my 76 wagon has the origional lean burn and Thermoquad carb and it starts instantly and runs great! so I hope it stays that way.

Back