Power Steering Hoses

73Coupe

Reaction score
I removed what appears to be the original PS hose from my car. After a little cleaning, it looks to be in great shape. Would you reuse it? The rubber is solid, no apparent failure indicators.

What is the acceptable lifespan of a hydraulic hose, assuming no damage?

IMG_8438.JPEG

IMG_8439.JPEG

Was going to order a new hose as the standard operating procedure .... but, the hoses on rock auto have different shapes.

"With OEM Pump":
1724007698199.png

"With Saginaw Pump":
This also looks like the "OEM replacement" hose from NAPA.
1724007719973.png

Who has found acceptable replacement hoses that fit?

This is the pump I have - the "Federal pump"

IMG_8310.JPEG

IMG_8309.JPEG

No leaks // looks good and clean now.... Use him for 5 more years....or more....
I have a couple old school parts stores who could have an N.O.R.S. ( aftermarket / replacement) for WAY WAY less than $ 169.95....
That $ 169.95 is Absurd / Rape.....
Craig.....

No leaks // looks good and clean now.... Use him for 5 more years....or more....
I have a couple old school parts stores who could have an N.O.R.S. ( aftermarket / replacement) for WAY WAY less than $ 169.95....
That $ 169.95 is Absurd / Rape.....
Craig.....

Wow, yeah, that's ridiculous for what is still an old hose.

Here's one for $265....
NOS MOPAR 1969-72 C BODY BIG BLOCK POWER STEERING HOSE | eBay

Maybe I'll put mine on ebay for $149 and call it "gently used" and swindle some neophyte like Brad's NOS parts is trying to do?

Last edited:
Another option is Coast Clutch and Break in Santa Maria they can make all these hoses too I believe, not cheap but can be done! Probably what I will end up doing for my New Yorker once I get to that part

Another option is Coast Clutch and Break in Santa Maria they can make all these hoses too I believe, not cheap but can be done! Probably what I will end up doing for my New Yorker once I get to that part

I'm having to go to Santa Maria more and more these days for my automotive and industrial needs, this is the only place where there are useful shops since most have closed in SLO county.

Back