Remember when?

Some of us may have "fallen" into one or more of these traps. Some I am sure my folks tripped over when they were 30-somethings.'

There's 40 examples at link. A few below.

source: 40 Hilarious Ads For Technology From The Past That Look Insanely Expensive Now

View attachment 663465View attachment 663466View attachment 663467View attachment 663468View attachment 663472

The Commodore 64: $600​

have one of these in the basement all components in their boxes.

Some of us may have "fallen" into one or more of these traps. Some I am sure my folks tripped over when they were 30-somethings.'

There's 40 examples at link. A few below.

source: 40 Hilarious Ads For Technology From The Past That Look Insanely Expensive Now

View attachment 663465View attachment 663466View attachment 663467View attachment 663468View attachment 663472
Ooh, ahh, 256 whole kilobytes of RAM! The things that impressed us back then (as I tap out this text on a checkbook-size device that runs in gigabytes). Those computer and hard-drive prices are lower than the dollar amount that I paid for my T&C—not even adjusted for inflation.

I remember the “64” well.

Costco and Lowes offer free air where I live.
Not free if you have to travel 5 miles to get there burning fuel... heh

I think the last time I checked the air pump down at the RaceTrak closest to me it was $1.50, I didn't look close enough to see if it had 'Tap & Pay'.

My first Big Mac <LOL was a Mac IIFX which cost like 10 grand in 1992, I got it in 1995(?) for $100.00 out of the Want AD's with a 21" Greyscale monitor.

Not free if you have to travel 5 miles to get there burning fuel... heh

I think the last time I checked the air pump down at the RaceTrak closest to me it was $1.50, I didn't look close enough to see if it had 'Tap & Pay'.

It's also not free if you have to start your compressor.
Apparently they're used by the shoppers at the store as opposed to people driving 5 miles to get there.

Apparently they're used by the shoppers at the store as opposed to people driving 5 miles to get there.
1717195639624.png

a lot of people might not have access to an air compressor. like most of here with 2 or 3 . hell most could not even change tire if they had too.

Back