Slabside Headers

dart4forte

Reaction score
Anyone running headers on their 65? Brand, fitment, shorty or full length?

I had Hooker super comp and Hedmans on mine, both were for a B body but not sure the model number, they fit with a couple dings,
when I did the stroker, I went to Doug D452 with 2 " primaries, they do NOT fit at all on the right side.

I have a set of Schumacher shorties on my 440, fit with only minor grinding of the right side flange. Would fit perfect on a 383-400. I have a set of TTI long tube headers that look like they will fit perfectly, but I haven't installed them yet.

I have just installed TTI with 3" collector- full length in a '68 Newport. Instructions are detailed. Pulled both torsion bars + Pass side had to undue motor mounts and lift motor. Put both in from top and feed down to tranny. Used new motor mounts. On Pass side - one header tube is tight to upper control are frame weldment (maybe 3/16")/

I have not fired the motor up...have some other items to finish first. Overall clearance(s) are very tight. ...perhaps perfect engineering - execution.

Good Luck

I have a set of Tri-Y's from Schumacher on one car and love them, easy fit and nice quality. Also TTI's on one and also a very nice header and fit, little more difficult to install due to the torsion bar and if an automatic you have to modify a bracket on the transmission (Console shift).

Back