The Chrysler Kit Car

I always loved building model cars as a kid, these kit cars seem like a full size model. Finding one that has never been built would be awesome.

I always loved building model cars as a kid, these kit cars seem like a full size model. Finding one that has never been built would be awesome.

It would be pretty cool to recreate my childhood (18) Volare RR with one... In FL they wouldn't even kick me off the road... if I could get it titled.
It would be worth much more as a Petty tribute, nobody really wants a cantflip tribute...

They was a street version of the Volare Kit Car. Even came with a Petty themed lettering & wide fender flares.

They was a street version of the Volare Kit Car. Even came with a Petty themed lettering & wide fender flares.

We have a member (friend of mine) who built the first street version from engineer's plans in Chrysler's prototype garage. Back in 2014 or so, I went with him to purchase one just outside of Toledo.

Well, I guess that's on the wish list now too... but it's way down the list right now... take a lottery win or something similar.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
1974 Pete Hamilton now living in Atlanta & semi retired. Brought this Challenger Kit Car up to the Columbia Speedway in SC. He sat on the pole & led every lap. The promoter accused him of cheating & told him to never bring the car back unless it was legal.

Because of this crash there was a redesign. That happened 40 years ago tonite. Saturday night short track

image.jpeg
Bobby Unser takes a Harry Hyde prepped Kit Car to a class win at the Pikes Peak hill climb

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Ramo Stot & Sal Tovela. These two won a lot of races in the mid west area. Notice the Kit Car decal on the back of Sal's car

Back